I had to stay in this hotel for a wedding that was taking place. If it was not for that, I would have never picked this hotel. Interesting fact - the hotel used to be horse barns.
Pros: Nice landscaping, rooms and bathrooms are big, clean, nice furniture, across from UCSD, near Scripps Institute and Torrey Pines preservation.
Cons: extremely overpriced - we paid over $600 for two nights (and that was with a wedding party discount), they charge for everything - parking space itself, valet parking (you have no choice), the food is ridiculously priced and the menu is not designed for children, there were no microwaves or fridges in the rooms, there is no view, and the hotel is located at least a half hour from anything interesting in San Diego.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A California-coastal rancho setting on 10 acres conveniently located between the two quaint seaside villages of La Jolla and Del Mar and adjacent to world-class Torrey Pines Golf Course, Estancia La Jolla Hotel & Spa offers a range of upscale accommodations from charming rancho style deluxe rooms to expansive suites with world-class facilities and exceptional service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, HotelsforEveryone and HotelsClick so you can book your Estancia La Jolla Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Estancia La Jolla Hotel And Spa
- Estancia La Jolla Hotel La Jolla