My wife and I recently stayed at the Estancia. I must agree with most of the reviews, the hotel is very overrated. If you are looking for a high end luxury resort this is not the place, much better choices would be the Avaria 4 Seasons, the Ritz Carlton, or L'Auberge in Del Mar. We have stayed at all these hotels and they are the real deal. The hotel is across the street from UCSD and it seemed most of the guests were staying there because of that. The hotels constuction is cheap with thin walls and floors, you can easily hear guests in ajoining rooms. One of the bright spots in many reviews of the hotel was the check in experience where guests are given a glass of champagne.. they didn't do that for us and we were disappointed. The hotel is attractive with very nice landscaping, but that alone does not justify the price. The one big plus of the Estancia are the beds.. it was the most comfortable bed I have every slept on.. the pillows were high quality as well.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A California-coastal rancho setting on 10 acres conveniently located between the two quaint seaside villages of La Jolla and Del Mar and adjacent to world-class Torrey Pines Golf Course, Estancia La Jolla Hotel & Spa offers a range of upscale accommodations from charming rancho style deluxe rooms to expansive suites with world-class facilities and exceptional service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Estancia La Jolla Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Estancia La Jolla Hotel And Spa
- Estancia La Jolla Hotel La Jolla