We stayed at the Estancia for 2 nights for a company event. Although we enjoyed ourselves I felt like the hotel was just slightly off.
First the positive. The hotel and grounds are absolutely stunning. It is quite spread out with multiple courtyards, all of which are beautifully landscaped. It is a beautiful place to wander around.
I also was able to use the spa on two separate days and really enjoyed both visits. The spa was beautiful and the treatments were great. The spa staff was outstanding.
I was able to use the gym which was very nice (I forgot my headphones and they provided a nice pair that I even got to keep!) and had the basics for a workout. The pool area was nice with various seating areas in case you want to be a little away from the water. The outside bar was, again, beautiful, and comfortable. The food that we had was very good.
The room was fine, nothing super unusual. I was happy that there was a coffee/tea maker as I always make use.
The less positive: we found the customer service to be a bit spotty. The bar area seemed ill-equipped on multiple occasions to handle our large group even though there was more than enough room on the terrace for us all. I also was less than pleased with the lady who checked us in. She showed us a map of the property and I expressed concern as it appeared that our room backed to the main road that leads to the hotel. She assured me that it did not and that the area was very quiet. We got to our room, no surprise, as I suspected based on the map - our section was the closest you could be to Torrey Pines and in fact we did hear traffic noise at night from time to time. If you can't reassign me that's is fine, but don't tell me something that is 100% incorrect.
As I indicated earlier, the hotel is quite spread out. As a result it took some time to get back and forth to the room and the layout was quite confusing. It was never clear what the best route was; take a wrong turn and you miss the elevator. Plus, for security you have to use your key several times as you move from building to building which is not a huge deal but is inconvenient.
All in all, it was a good stay but there were just enough little issues that I felt like it was a bit of a miss with room for improvement particularly in the service department.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A California-coastal rancho setting on 10 acres conveniently located between the two quaint seaside villages of La Jolla and Del Mar and adjacent to world-class Torrey Pines Golf Course, Estancia La Jolla Hotel & Spa offers a range of upscale accommodations from charming rancho style deluxe rooms to expansive suites with world-class facilities and exceptional service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your Estancia La Jolla Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Estancia La Jolla Hotel And Spa
- Estancia La Jolla Hotel La Jolla