We stayed at The Estancia for three nights, and truly loved the beautiful hotel. I was impressed with all the succulents and the Spanish / Old California feel. After a nice dinner we enjoyed sitting and reading our book in one of several courtyards with a relaxing fountain nearby.
The hotel isn't located in a shopping area that you can walk to; the Salk Institute is just across the street, along with multiple offices and UC. In fact, many of the fellow guests were there for conferences, but it's only a 10 or 15 minute drive to downtown La Jolla and Old Town San Diego. Del Mar is even closer.
The staff is very friendly and can't do enough for you. The only downside is the hotel tax and fees, along with the valet parking, which total about $45 per day. But that's just California!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A California-coastal rancho setting on 10 acres conveniently located between the two quaint seaside villages of La Jolla and Del Mar and adjacent to world-class Torrey Pines Golf Course, Estancia La Jolla Hotel & Spa offers a range of upscale accommodations from charming rancho style deluxe rooms to expansive suites with world-class facilities and exceptional service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, HotelsforEveryone and HotelsClick so you can book your Estancia La Jolla Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Estancia La Jolla Hotel La Jolla
- Estancia La Jolla Hotel And Spa