Estancia La Jolla Hotel & Spa
$249
  • Restaurant
Hyatt Regency La Jolla at Aventine(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
$209
  • Pool
Sheraton La Jolla Hotel(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
$189
  • Pool
Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
$214
Hilton.com
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $239/night.

La Valencia Hotel(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
$405
  • Pool
La Jolla Cove Hotel & Suites(La Jolla)
$255
$249
Official Site
  • Breakfast included
Pantai Inn(La Jolla)
$393
$380
Official Site
La Jolla Shores Hotel(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
$289
Orbitz.com
$191
$178
$449
Orbitz.com
1,556 results
All reviewsmustangs and burrosadobe restaurantsalk institutehospitality feewine barbeautiful groundssan diegooutdoor fireplaceresort feevalet parkingbeautiful hotelper dayucsd campusbottled waterpool area isupon checkself park
Reviewed May 6, 2013

This resort sports lovely gardens that give more than a sense of serenity but also one of wanting to return. I stayed as a business trip 4 nights and have only 3 complaints that would otherwise change my rating to EXCELLENT from Very Good.

First, room service- delivered my hot soup without a soup spoon and then took another 30 minutes to deliver a spoon. Nothing worse than cold taco soup.
Second, the WiFi sucks. It is improperly setup and for this resort to play host to a group of about 200 Industry experts... fix it!
Thirdly, the LaJolla room temperature was just too cold.

Breakfasts were excellent, rooms quiet and grounds beautiful. I plan to go back but won't be as forgiving if I encounter the same issues.

Room Tip: Any room away from the exit and entry doors that connect the buildings--- otherwise you will hear the foot traffic and door jambs noise all hours.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Big D
EstanciaHotelManager, Manager at Estancia La Jolla Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write review. We are so glad to hear that you plan to stay with us again. I truly apologize about not bringing a spoon for your soup. You are absolutely right- there is nothing worse than cold soup! I will follow up with the team to make sure we do not make that mistake again. I can offer some reassurance in that we are working with our provider on our Wi-Fi bandwidth, please know that we are committed to providing Wi-Fi to our guests. Lastly, the temperature in the ballroom is adjustable. Next time, please just let us know and our engineering team would be happy to adjust the thermostat. We are also happy to bring you blanket or wrap!

Reviewed May 5, 2013

We attended a wedding at the Estancia La Jolla last weekend. Stayed Thursday night to Sunday.
From the valet service to check in to check out we were quite impressed. The young college student that showed us the room on check in was very helpful and knowledgeable about the area.
We had a 1st floor garden room, very clean and quiet, (except for the rabbits next door on Saturday morning). The pool and spa area was surrounding by walking paths and beautiful gardens.
My wife had a massage and she said it was one of the best ever.
Food and drinks are pricey so be prepared. Breakfast buffet was $25 per and nothing special. Service was mediocre for the one breakfast we had there.
Bartenders were great and excellent service.
Wedding reception was also excellent. The table service was impeccable.
A wonderful resort for that special weekend.

Room Tip: Ask for a first floor garden room. Easy access to pool area and back to lobby and restaurants.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you so much for your review. We are so glad to hear that your wife enjoyed her spa experience and that you both enjoyed our grounds and amenities. Thank you for the compliment on our banquet and event staff- they are truly one of our best teams! I wanted to let you know that our General Manager proudly shared your review with our entire team and again, we thank you for posting. We hope to welcome you and your wife back for another visit soon.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

This hotel might be the best kept secret in San Diego. If you are looking for a peaceful or romantic getaway, this is definitely the place to stay. It is a bit isolated, but there's no reason to leave the grounds. From the minute I drove up to this unique property, I knew I would enjoy my stay. The Estancia was once a working horse ranch and the lobby is a small unassuming building. Everyone from the valets, desk clerks, servers, housekeeping, and spa staff are pleasant and friendly. It is obvious that the staff is well trained and enjoy working at this quality hotel. The gardens are plush with exotic plants and succulents. Our room overlooking the gardens was peaceful. The sound of the fountain and songbirds was relaxing. The hotel is elegant in an understated way. Obviously a great deal of thought went into the design and amenities. The spa was well appointed and the masseuse was top-notch. The saltwater pool and jacuzzi are well maintained and the cabanas are a nice touch. The three on-site restaurants serve a variety of food. The chef is to be commended. The signature cocktails are also highly rated. I took advantage of the San Diego resident rate and I will definitely return.

Room Tip: Definitely request a room with a balcomy on the second or third floor overlooking the gardens.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank tsudoughnim
EstanciaHotelManager, Manager at Estancia La Jolla Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor. I want to let you know that we shared your review with our entire team! We love hearing from our guests and we especially love hearing from locals. We are so grateful that you chose Estancia La Jolla Hotel & Spa and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

We stayed here for a week beginning April 15 and had my son's wedding on April 20. Can't say enough about the staff the facilitity. From the valet young men, to the front desk, housekeeping waitresses event planner everyone went above and beyond. The food for the wedding was amazing our every request was honored in more than a timely fashion. The whole staff made you feel life family not a guest.Would hight recommend this location for any event or vacation. It was very convenient to the airport, downtown San Diego.

Room Tip: The suite we had by the pool was amazing!!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank NonnaB21
Reviewed April 28, 2013

I've stayed at several 5-star resorts nation wide, however this was a quite and beautiful resort tucked away in La Jolla. The Head VIP Concierge Gabby DelGado was by far the best host I've encountered, once we arrived check in was fast and easy we walked in our room and Gabby had a bottle of wine with waters and chocolates along with our sons favorite beverage waiting for us. I recommend this resort hands down but you must ask for Gabby in VIP services.

• Stayed: March 2013