My second stay - both times on tense business in off season.
The grounds are the best part of the hotel - flowers, candles, fire pits, saline pool with fireplace, mineral hot tub. The spa is good.
The rooms were quiet (and I am a light sleeper); I had a courtyard view. The decor is relaxed, the bed comfortable.
The staff was young and pleasant and attractive, and some (especially
the bar tender) were very competent. I suspect the UCSD across the street provides much of the staff. There seems to be no concierge, and the front desk was vague on directions, but it is hard to go wrong in La Jolla.
The wine bar has excellent small plates. I had my main meal at lunch in La Jolla and wine and Kobe beef or seared tuna in the evening.
If you can relax and enjoy the gardens and not worry about the expense it is a great place.
If you expect top efficiency and low prices - stay someplace other than La Jolla. This is Southern California - you are right above a surfer beach and next to a glider port.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A California-coastal rancho setting on 10 acres conveniently located between the two quaint seaside villages of La Jolla and Del Mar and adjacent to world-class Torrey Pines Golf Course, Estancia La Jolla Hotel & Spa offers a range of upscale accommodations from charming rancho style deluxe rooms to expansive suites with world-class facilities and exceptional service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your Estancia La Jolla Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Estancia La Jolla Hotel La Jolla
- Estancia La Jolla Hotel And Spa