“Excellent Food!”

Rubio's
Ranked #145 of 1,241 Restaurants in La Jolla
Cuisines: Mexican, Seafood, Healthy
Good for: Families with children
Description: The first restaurant was opened in 1983 in San Diego by Ralph Rubio and his father, Ray, who started the fish taco phenomenon that spread across the nation. Today, Rubio’s menu has grown from The Original Fish Taco® to include additional chef-crafted seafood recipes that feature shrimp, wild salmon and ono. In addition to sustainable seafood, Rubio’s offers chargrilled chicken and steak, fresh made guacamole and salsas and sauces that are prepared daily.
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Friendly environment, excellent Margaritas. I place I will attend for sure when I visit La Jolla again. It is not super fancy place, but do not that detoured to go into this Restaurant. Great prices too.

Reviewed May 17, 2013

SUMMARY: Service is very good and attendants are always attentive, pricing is reasonable, food itself is pretty good but I would avoid the chopped salad because it was somewhat dry. Try the beer fried fish because it's pretty tasty.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

great salads as well as tacos. The fish taco is the best as well as the fiesta salad,both real yummy.

Reviewed May 3, 2013

For someone who has never tried a fish taco, it may seem unappetizing, but you will be surprised and hooked on Rubios fish tacos. When I am away from San Diego I crave to have some Rubios fish tacos. I have tried others restaurant versions of fish tacos but Rubios is the best. Every Tuesday they offer a great deal fish tacos for a discount rate, as many as you want. You can have your choice of either flour or corn taco shell I prefer the flour but both are good. I make a point to head to Rubios on Tuesdays and get my fill

Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

I was told that I HAD to visit Rubios and I wasn't disappointed. Very clean little joint. Easy to find. Large menu And excellent food. I especially liked the salsa bar. Get the original tacos with the green chili salsa and make sure to add fresh limes