“Great Refresher dive”
Review of La Jolla Dive

La Jolla Dive
More attraction details
Owner description: La Jolla dive is a full service scuba diving shop that provides scuba classes, scuba tours, air fills and gear rental. La Jolla dive is located just 2 blocks from the La Jolla marine reserve making us the closest dive shop to the water. La Jolla dive is a PADI facility who's instructors have 30 years of scuba diving experience in San Diego.
Plano TX
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Great Refresher dive”
Reviewed April 7, 2014

Chris and Paris are professional, yet down to earth personable. Before finding La Jolla Dive, I called around to several dive shops to plan my dive. Chris was the only person to call me back. Communication prior to arriving in La Jolla was great; he even answered a mundane question about camera choices.

This company had it together. I rented equipment that was top quality. They showed patience and safety-wise concern. My goal was a refresher dive after a couple of years of no diving and Paris, my guide, did exactly that and did not push me, making sure I was comfortable the whole time.

You cannot go wrong booking a La Jolla shore dive or cove dive. I also understand they have a boat to take you further out.

They have been diving in this area for many, many years and know the area perfectly. They can give you a good preview to the dive before heading out so that you get the type of dive you want.

Thanks Chris and Paris. I plan to recommend you to everyone.

Visited April 2014
2 Thank jimlenox

Sherwood Park, Canada
151 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 160 helpful votes
“Great family dive!”
Reviewed December 28, 2013

We did a dive at La Jolla Shores yesterday with Paris...it was a fantastic day! It was our first cold water dive so we weren't sure what to expect. Paris was awesome with the boys (12 and 15). The boys have done 50+ dives but it was our first dive in a year so it always takes a bit to get reacquainted with the equipment. Paris was patient and incredibly helpful.

We did 2 dives and loved both of them. We didn't get to La Jolla cove as the waves were too big but we might rent gear from the shop and do it ourselves another day. All of the equipment was top notch and we wouldn't hesitate to rent gear from them.

Thanks for the great day, Paris!

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Lisa015
Sancerre, France
49 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 90 helpful votes
“Very professional diving instruction”
Reviewed December 4, 2013

I was looking at a place to do referral dives for PADI certification during a recent trip to San Diego and based on the very positive reviews I chose La Jolla Dive. Glad I did!

Staff: I had one to one private instruction with Chris, owner of the shop. Chris is obviously knowledgeable and he combines his knowledge with the patience of a professional instructor. Both he and his partner Paris are welcoming, friendly, easy going.
Location: I had no problem finding free on-street parking and the shop is less than a 5 minute walk to the beach. True, a beach entry means swimming out about 100 yards or so and it is more strenuous than a boat dive but a little workout doesn't hurt either -- plus its worth it when you return emerging out of the water at the beach and get to see the look and little kids' faces!

If you're considering a dive in La Jolla, I highly recommend La Jolla Dive!

Visited December 2013
2 Thank Zuluquebec
Las Vegas, Nevada
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Great dive shop”
Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

Had equipment from home break and Paris brought a new BC and regulator. Their equipment is top notch and made a difficult dive easy and much safer.

Paris' s attitude made what started as a bad day a great one. If you are at La Jolla Shores, I highly recommend La Jolla Dive.

2 Thank McLawyer_Nevada
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Greatly enjoyed diving with Chris!”
Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

Went with this dive shop based on a friend's recco. Chris was great! Very patient with me - a novice diver! He helped set everything up, and once we were in the water, showed me some cool sights which I would've easily missed. Before the dive, Chris explained everything and was very detailed.

The walk from the beach into the water and the surface swim out are quite the workout so be prepared for that!

All in all, a great dive, great value and I look forward to diving with Chris again!

Visited October 2013