“Hey, this is new!”
Review of Puesto

Puesto
Reserve with OpenTable
Puesto is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #25 of 1,242 Restaurants in La Jolla
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Born in Mexico City and rooted in Southern California, Puesto is an award-winning Mexican Artisan Kitchen providing a fresh and contemporary take on authentic Mexican cuisine in an unique and upscale environment. With handmade maiz azul stone-ground tortillas made daily in house, sustainable meats and seafood, slow-cooked guisados, and scratch salsas, Puesto’s menu is a celebration of fundamental Mexican flavors and an homage to the cosmopolitan palate of Mexico City, courtesy of Executive Chef/Partner Luisteen Gonzalez and Executive Creative Chef Katy Smith. Puesto delivers a refreshing craft bar program, grounded in carefully curated agave spirits. We’re known for our Puesto Perfect Margaritas, in addition to palomas, micheladas and seasonal aguas frescas. Puesto has been featured by media outlets nationally and internationally, some of which include Huffington Post, Refinery 29, MSN, Insider, Zagat, Eater, Food and Wine, and LA Times.
Reviewed October 27, 2012

Amongst the high priced ritzy restaurants in La Jolla is this little gem... we were in town for our anniversary, and were ready to hit one of the high-end places when we came across this restaurant on Trip Advisor... so we figured, "If we're gonna throw down a hundred bucks for dinner, wouldn't it be better to go here and eat until we burst for way less money?" So, we did. The atmosphere is fun, the entire front of the store opens out to the street with these big windowed garage doors that lift up to let the outside in... the service was quick and friendly, and willing to explain all the dishes that were new to us. I tried ALL SEVEN of the little tacos- the shrimp was outstanding, as were the pork and chicken... my wife had a shrimp salad. HUGE salad stuffed with all sorts of shrimp, cheeses, cactus, and other delicious stuff. This is new and different, and I expect we'll see these restaurants all over the place before too long. We even loved the eclectic mix of fountain sodas! Don't miss this if you want tasty good new food in La Jolla... especially on a budget. We did, indeed, eat until we were ready to burst, for under $40. Top that, if you can!

1  Thank cvc1228

Reviewed September 30, 2012

Unlike tacos I have ever had before. Funky place, funky menu but all around delicious. Seating is mostly family style so get to know your neighbours.

Reviewed September 14, 2012

This restaurant is fast-casual style, and does not have table service. There are 3 things on the menu: Tacos, the bowl and the salad. You pick one, and then they walk you through the rest. As you walk down the line, the staff asks you what type of items you would like to go in your meal, and there are tons of fresh ingredients to choose from. I had the bowl and it was very good, but I wish I had tried the tacos- those looked even better! The prices are reasonable, and the bottled beers cold. Check them out!

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Definitely a find in La Jolla, affordable, filling. I LOVED my shrimp salad. I had not had cactus before, and found it a welcome addition to the shrimp, which were good enough, although not great. I think next time I'd skip the shrimp and save $2.49, and just get the veggies, which were all excellent. My husband had the carne asada tacos, and they, too, were really good. We'd go again, but would probably try a few other dishes.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

What a great find for us as we walked the streets of La Jolla looking for lunch. unique combinations for the tacos, and they were all delicious!