“Wonderful experience”

Public House La Jolla
Ranked #72 of 1,236 Restaurants in La Jolla
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating
Description: Our "Locally World Famous" burgers and specialty ales will make our La Jolla restaurant your home away from home!We are located in La Jolla, San Diego.Come and choose from our rotating 43 taps of Belgian ales, local San Diego beers, and many hard to find microbrews. We also have a selection of over 300 bottled beers, many which are specialty and limited release bottles.No matter what your taste is for beer, you are sure to find something amazing at the Public House La Jolla!
Mill Valley, California
“Wonderful experience”
Reviewed August 25, 2014

We walked to this fun restaurant after a 10 hour drive, and were told that our waiting time would be 30 minutes or more. All of us being very hungry and tired, the hostess did everything she could to get us in faster - with great results. Starting with our beer order, the waitress was very knowledgeable about their vast selection. Our food, with all our particular requests, was perfect and delicious. We sat on the patio of the historic house, having a semi-private area yet surrounded by the lively atmosphere.

• Visited August 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Toms River, United States
“Great Local Place”
Reviewed August 18, 2014

This place was very welcoming, easy to walk to, great food and a large selection of beer. The staff was accommodating and the menu was very diverse.

Visited August 2014
1 Thank Maddalena N
Tilburg, The Netherlands
“Reasonable food but bad service”
Reviewed August 17, 2014

Either the staff had a complete offday, or the service is very poor. Personally I think they are understaffed and therefor poorly staffed.

First they promote 60 special beers. I order a regular drafted Weihenstefaner... not available because discontinued. Then I order their wild boar burger. It is not on the menu but the waitress recommended it as their todays special. 15 minutes after ordering she comes back... not available. I order their alternative; cowboy burger with spareribs... tough dry meat without any tenderness on a sticky bread. My girlfriend order a sandwich with sauce/dressing on the side. When they brought my tough dry burger, they forgot her sandwich! Halfway through my tough dry burger her sandwich finally arrived... with sauce on it instead of on the side ... sigh.

I expected a decent apologie and/or compensation such as a free drink, but none came. In the end when signing the receipt, the pen was dry. Three times someone passed without noticing me trying to get their attention. We left with an unsatisfied feeling.

• Visited August 2014
Michigan
“Could have been better”
Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

We ate here last night. Beer selection was good. My husband said his burger was good. I had the fish and chips. It looked very appetizing but the fish was very mushy.

“This place should be much higher rated!”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

This was one outstanding dinner. Beautiful evening on the patio with a Belgian Trappist Stout and a Michigan Porter.

The best burger I can remember in a long time. Haven't paid 15 bucks for a burger before, but this was a bargain: 1/2 pound New Zealand grass fed beef topped with shoe string garlic onion rings. Split it with my business partner and had half of her chips and fish which also were broke the mouth.

Great waitress. Fabulous beer. Incredible food. Perfect, laid back setting. What more could you ask for?

Visited May 2014