“What a delight!!!”
Review of We Olive

We Olive
Ranked #4 of 29 Shopping in La Jolla
Reviewed September 25, 2012

We came across We Olive quite by chance after going down into the Smuggler’s Cave nearby. We Olive is a fabulous shop selling all sorts of gorgeous tasty treats like Skillet Bacon Spread, Parmesan Asiago Dip, various Balsamic Vinegars as well as lots of other Olives and Olive products. You can test and try out many of the delights they sell, before you buy and you can even sit, like we did, and have a glass of wine and order a delightful sample from their menu. We loved this place and can highly recommend it.

Reviewed July 21, 2012

My wife found this place online and so we stopped on our way from San Diego to Long Beach. They had all sorts of different local oil and vinegar combinations. They had mustards and olive spreads to try along with the Olive oil and Balsamic vinegar combinations. The bread dip into them was good and it was fun to try everything. We ended buying some after sitting down and eating a variety of salami, cheese, nuts, fruit and a couple of jams. The whole experience was great, I would recommend it to anyone. They have wine sampling and local wines to buy and drink as well.

1  Thank Energywise1
Reviewed May 15, 2012

We stumbled into We Olive while strolling the streets of The Cove in La Jolla during a quick week-end getaway. It reminded me of a local spot here in Phoenix where you can taste the different olive oils and vinegars. What surprised us is that in the back area they also have a wine tasting bar, small tables and a menu of small plates. Since it was early afternoon, we decided to return that evening for a light dinner.

I was glad we did :) I ordered my wines by the 'taste' (1.5 oz) What a great idea! We sampled their cheese and dried meat platter, smoked tuna spread and a few other appetizers. What added to this meal was the beautiful ocean view. I will return to We Olive whenever I'm in La Jolla with my vinegar jug for filling. Loved this place!

2  Thank dkrstec
Reviewed May 13, 2012

If you want some fabulous olive oils, vinegars, mustards, dips and spreads to kick your cooking up a notch or two, go here! They have tastings for all their products so you can discover what will work with your tastes. They will even custom mix the bulk oils and vinegars for you! They have excellent recipe ideas to help you get the most out of their items also. We went to We Olive in Paso Robles, CA (flagship store) first and we were so pleased to find out they had branched out to the San Diego area! It is worth a visit. The Lemon Olive Oil is AMAZING on veggies. And the Parmesan Asiago garlic spread is heavenly on ciabatta toast. Just go and treat your taste buds!

1  Thank DANCEMAMAE
Reviewed January 14, 2012

We stumbled upon this shop while vacationing in the San Diego/La Jolla area. Wanting to bring back something truly Californian, and being a bit of a foodie, California olive oil seemed like a great solution. The shop has various pre-bottled olive oils and vinegars, plus enormous vats of aged oils and vinegars you can taste and then have bottled for purchase. The clerk was knowledgeable and pleasant if not effusive. The lemon olive oil and balsamic vinegar combination was impossible to resist. Highly recommend.

4  Thank janissimo