“Flavorful food at a reasonable price.”

Bubba's Smokehouse BBQ
Ranked #25 of 1,236 Restaurants in La Jolla
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed July 17, 2013

We were pleasantly suprised at how amazing this food really was.My family ate here twice during a recent visit to the La Jolla area, and enjoyed all that was ordered. The ribs, pulled pork, and smoked brisket were wonderful. The mac and cheese and garlic mashed potatos were delicious sides. We like the casual atmosphere, and will be back!

Reviewed July 9, 2013

A welcome addition to the La Jolla restaurant scene is Bubba's Smokehouse BBQ, located on famous Prospect Street at Fay Avenue, right near the heart of the shopping district, and just two blocks from the ocean. This is hands down the best tasting BBQ, with "fall off the bone" chicken and ribs, every kind of side order you could want, and the owner is usually there, making sure you get top quality food and service. We are locals, and we stop in regularly. I have also used their food for parties at my house. Everyone wants to know where I got the food, and although tempted to say I cooked it myself, I did tell the truth and now they have more customers.

2  Thank travelNReviewer
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Nicely done BBQ in La Jolla. Good smoke flavor on the ribs, brisket and pulled pork. Tender fall off the bone baby backs. Excellent BBQ sauces. Coleslaw was a little bland but a little salt and pepper fixed it right up. Good quantity for the money. Great variety lots to choose from. Something for everyone. Nice family joint.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

Being from North Carolina, my standards for BBQ are pretty high! However, this place was recommended to us by our friends who lived in Kansas City for years, so we trusted it would be good. They were correct. The BBQ here is really excellent and extremely tender. I would have given it 5 stars, if the sauce were just a little bit better. Don't get me wrong, it was great, but not the best sauce I've ever had. We had mac and cheese for our side, and it was fantastic. All in all, if you're looking for good BBQ in San Diego, look no further. Parking is difficult here though. After lunch, walk down to the cove for some beautiful views of La Jolla.

1  Thank Ryan H
Reviewed May 19, 2013

On our ongoing quest for US BBQ we thought we would try out this highly rated restaurant/take out.
The food is reasonably priced, served fast, and tasty...served by very friendly staff.
The food is ordered and paid for at the counter then served at your table.
Portions are reasonable and the food is great in a comfort food kind of way.
The combo meal for two of us was around $30...excellent value.

The food is pitched somewhere between a fast food restaurant/tgis and bar-style restaurant.

I'd definitely go again..,