“Good Barbecue”

Bubba's Smokehouse BBQ
Ranked #19 of 1,239 Restaurants in La Jolla
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed February 13, 2013

Conveniently located on one of the main drags of downtown La Jolla, Prospect St, and good barbecue. Like what you would expect, fall off the bone ribs, smoked chicken and really good burgers. The ambience is good but not like really homey. Not real partial to the sides. The mac & cheese was a little on the dry side and not a lot of seasoning. Don't like beans anyway so I don't order them. Fries are good. We usually meet the in-laws here and have a meal together catching up. I would go back but mostly for the kids to enjoy. I would prefer to go to the Thai place up the street - Spice Kitchen which is on another review I have done.

There are newer reviews for Bubba's Smokehouse BBQ

Reviewed February 10, 2013

This is a casual and friendly little restaurant that has great home cooked food! I have been making my way through the menu and I haven't had a side that isn't great! The sweet potato fries and the baked yam is amazing. The macaroni and cheese is also superb and also the happy hour specials are even great! The pulled pork and ribs are great! They sometimes have a meatloaf sandwich, its a special and I have never craved a meatloaf sandwich but this one is sooo good! I find myself thinking about it often...

Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

Located in an unassuming location, Bubba's food rocks!! We both had the slider sampler, featuring the pulled chicken, pulled pork and brisket. The magic is in the sauce!!

And make sure you get an order of the Frickles...the fried dill pickles!! Awesome!!

We highly recommend!

Reviewed January 25, 2013

The service was very friendly and accommodating. The food was very good with nice portions and good price. Like another reviewer mentioned, it's not southern or KC good, but very tasty. I would definitely recommend and return.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

First, staff was very friendly and helpful. Beans were some of the best we have tried. I had with the fixings and my wife had them with just cheese and both were delicious which large amount of meat in them. Chopped beef brisket was great (they were old of shredded). I tried the bubba and sausage wasn't spicy and could have been Warner but otherwise that meal and my wife's chopped brisket sandwich was great. Great place to eat and then walk around if yo are in La Jolla.