“Great Views and Food”

Eddie V's Prime Seafood
Reserve with OpenTable
Eddie V's Prime Seafood is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 1,234 Restaurants in La Jolla
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Cave St.
Transit: San Diego Transit Authority Bus #30 stops at the corner of Torrey Pines Road and Prospect Street.
Reviewed April 27, 2013

We were hesitant to go to Eddie V's in La Jolla because we have one at home. But we were glad we did. It offers some of the best views in La Jolla and the food and service were excellent. The sea bass is killer as are their fillet's. Highly recommended.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,081)

Reviewed April 19, 2013

I give this place two thumbs up. The food was excellent. I attended a group function at this restaurant and we had excellent appetizers (shrimp, brushetta, etc.). My meal was the surf and turf and it was big and just perfect. The dessert I could hardly eat but was just wonderful. I highly recommend this place to everyone.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Eddie V's is a great find in the La Jolla village and only a five minute walk from the hotel La Valencia. Pair this restaurant with this hotel and you will have a classy experience. The food at Edie V's is creative and delicious and the service is warm and friendly. Try both downstairs for elegant dining and upstairs for great music, dancing and a spectacular sunset view.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We went to Eddie V's based on our hotel bellman's suggestion and the reviews I read here on Tripadvisor. The venue is nice - it's business casual and classy. However, the service needs work. My boyfriend and I weren't really greeted nicely by the hostess at all - and they seemed to make a fuss about requiring reservations and how we couldn't sit in certain areas that were all reserved (all of the reserved tables were empty when I looked but that's alright if they were holding them for other guests). It just didn't start off on the right foot as soon as we walked in the door - we were confused and just wanted to know if there was a damn seat or not for us LOL It may have gone better if we were dressed in business attire, but we weren't....we were hiking in the area and walked along the beautiful Underwater Park just behind this restaurant so perhaps we were treated differently because of our casual attire, which is a bit rude if true. Our waitress looked stressed out and overworked. She did not seem happy. Anyways, at least the food was exceptional. We had the lobster tacos and sashimi for appetizers and my boyfriend's swordfish is by far the best swordfish steak we have ever had and we've had swordfish at many nice restaurants. So the food made it all worthwhile :) Hopefully you get better service than we did!

Reviewed April 7, 2013

Love this place, come here about once a month. It's a really nice restaurant in a high rent area and the pricing reflects that. I've had their crab cakes both hot and cold style, the crab fried rice is great as well as the halibut. At times it can have that smell of the sea due to the marine life right at the cove but it has amazing views of the ocean, La Jolla Shores, Torrey Pines and the cliffs. I always sit upstairs on the patio.

They did have some issues with the California Coastal Commission regarding seating but I think they have cleared those up. They also have live music, mellow to upbeat jazz trios or quartets. Great spot for date night! La Jolla can get crowded so allow for that during summer, weekends and holidays. They valet if driving around for parking is not your thing. Good place for a relaxing meal, service will not rush you.

1  Thank SurfdogSD