“Good pho, great Bánh mì!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Pho La Jolla

Pho La Jolla
Ranked #97 of 1,241 Restaurants in La Jolla
Cuisines: Asian, Vietnamese
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
San Diego, California
“Good pho, great Bánh mì!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2013 via mobile

I used to come to this place to have their pho. Being tired of selection, I always ordered the combination bowl though I didn't like the meat ball. Then a friend recommended their Bánh mì, the Vietnamese sandwich. OMG, they were so good! Grilled pork Bánh mì is my favorite! They have good business in La Jolla, it is crowed most the time. If you have a large party, you always need to wait.

• Korean first
Dallas, Texas
“Excellent food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

The restaurant was full of people. The price in the menu looks very reasonable. I ordered the rice noodle. It was very delicious. The waitress was very friendly and nice.

Visited October 2013
Delft, The Netherlands
“Disappointing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013

We did visit Pho on a Saturday afternoon and it was very crowded. We did order the combo, shrimps and ribs were very good, the eggrols less. The noodles were almost cold! It is cheap but the waiter told us every meal was 50 cents more than listed.

• Visited October 2013
Florida
“A real find - cheap and delicious”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

No wonder this place is popular. The menu is extensive, prices are very reasonable and the food is delicious. I was disappointed that they were out of Vietnamese beef stew so went completely opposite and had the vegetarian Pho. It was very traditional and delicious. The portion was huge. My husband had the bbq pork egg roll bun and enjoyed it. Well, he polished off most of it and said he couldn't complain for $7.50.
They don't sell wine but beer is available. Service is quick.

• Visited October 2013
San Diego, California
“So so!!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

I love to eat Pho. It is really light and has a lot of nutrient. However at this place I found it very plain and weak. I might have to give another chance and try a different one, but the one I had wasn't really good.

Visited June 2013