“great vegetarian pho!”

Pho La Jolla
Ranked #157 of 1,236 Restaurants in La Jolla
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We were staying a close by hotel in La Jolla and found this unpretentious Vietnamese restaurant filled with university students. We are always happy to find vegetarian options at restaurants and we had delicious vegetarian pho (soup) and tofu salad rolls. There were many other vegetarian options for us and the portions were large.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

Wide selection of pho. From traditional to vegetarian. Very busy place where you see a variety of people from the college kid to the local. The chicken pho was good even though I had to use all of my additives to have the flavor I am used to.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

Rare steak pho was excellent, and awesome value considering the size of the portion! Beleive me when I say there is no need to go for the 'larger' portion!

Reviewed February 9, 2013

I was staying in the nearby hotel for a few days looking for food options. Urbanspoon and locals recommended the sushi place right beside this shop, which makes no sense to me - it was unremarkable and expensive. This pho place is clearly the best place to eat on this little strip. The soup is great, the ban mi is delicious. And two people could have a very pleasant meal here for the price of one "meh" sushi dinner next door.

Reviewed December 17, 2012

We finally hit this place. We've driven past it probably over 100 times over the past several years but we never ate here. We were hungry for some good Pho this past weekend so we headed over there.

One thing that is a big eye opener is just how busy this place is with Asians. It is full of Asian clientele which is usually always a good sign. In fact, when we went there was a line to get in. This place has several tables inside and outside as well. It's a hoping place on the weekend.

There are many employees working and they were very friendly and efficient. Mostly American college age looking guys.

We ordered some spring rolls which were good. They have a smaller order with 3 or a larger order with 6 rolls. I got the well done beef Pho and it was good. My wife got the Chicken Pho and the soup is different and was very oily. I guess they cook it in chicken broth if you want the chicken. My wife didn't like all the oil in the soup and we asked if we could order a Beef instead and they said no problem at all.

We didn't try out any of the sandwiches but we will on another visit but the Pho was good. I actually preferred the Pho in the other Vietnamese restaurant in La Jolla. (Pleiku Cafe). It's newer but I thought the food was a tad bit better, especially the Pho.

But this is definitely a place you should hit if you're in the area and want some good Pho or Vietnamese food.

2  Thank saintba