“Tip your kayak and tip your tour guide!”

Everyday California
$75.00*
and up
2 Hour Whale Watching Kayak Tour for Two
More attraction details
Owner description: Kayak, standup paddle (SUP), snorkel and surf beautiful La Jolla with the experts from Everyday California. Operating since 2010 our guides will make your day a memorable experience or rent a kayak or board and explore on your own!
Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

Went on the sunset tour today and it was great. Tour guides Mike and Ryan were patient, enthusiastic, and genuine. I especially enjoyed seeing the sea lions from the water. Taking an unexpected plunge was actually fun, too!

1  Thank Raychella

Reviewed June 27, 2013

Five of us signed up for the kayak trip to the La Jolla caves. I was the old guy in my late 50s and the odd man in our group, so they paired me with the wife from a family of five. Kayaks are two people per kayak. You will get soaked and have to do mildly strenuous paddling. This adventure is not for everyone. The family of five did have a young girl of 5 or 6 years old in a kayak with her father. Two guides in separate kayaks escorted us the entire way and narrated information to us. Stay close to the guide if you want to hear the entire narration when they stop. We kayaked to the La Jolla caves where we saw sea lions on the rocks and comerant (sp?) birds (diving birds). A guide took us two kayaks at a time into one of the caves. You will only spend about two or three minutes in the cave. If you bring a camera, make sure it is waterproof. I had a Nikon AW100 which I have used snorkeling before. Although we never tipped our canoe, we were soaked. You can rent a wet suit if you want. Guides were great. A number of companies in La Jolla offer the same excursion, check around for specials.

Reviewed April 27, 2013

We really enjoyed our kayak tour. Our tour guide Missy was great. The water was crystal clear and the caves were beautiful. We really enjoyed seeing the sea lions.

1  Thank Jason W
Reviewed March 3, 2013

We went on the Sea Cave Tour. Never got into the caves. After you're out there they tell you that the Life Guard Station has closed the caves because of the swell. They knew this before the tour and should have offered a refund for cancellation or a reduced rate! If you want to get out on the water, go on a sailing charter. We are local. We have been kayaking and sailing before. We went on this tour to go into the caves. I suppose if you're from the Midwest and never been out on the water this might be interesting, but to promote it as a Sea Cave Tour is borderling False Advertising! We do NOT recommend this tour.

4  Thank BoboTalk
Reviewed February 1, 2013

Whale watching excursion:

I had never kayaked before, and was nervous about going a couple miles out into the Pacific Ocean. Had a great time! I'm not in the best of shape, but had no trouble keeping up with the group. Guide was great. While we didn't see any whales, we did see sea lions, seals, sharks and birds. Very relaxing. I thought is was an excellent value. Sea Temp was 56, Air temp mid 60's - felt great out there. I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

FYI - If you don't rent a car, the #30 bus runs past the shop. It's a block walk - EASY!

2  Thank TravelerRob64