“OEX La Jolla Rocks”

Everyday California
More attraction details
Owner description: Kayak, standup paddle (SUP), snorkel and surf beautiful La Jolla with the experts from Everyday California. Operating since 2010 our guides will make your day a memorable experience or rent a kayak or board and explore on your own!
Reviewed May 18, 2012

From start to finish our experience with OEX was incredible. The staff and guides were professionals who genuinely wanted us to have a good time, be safe, learn. When they discovered my daughter was apprehensive about being in the ocean on a kayak they went the extra mile for her by staying close and keeping vigilant. They were simply terrific. I look forward to going again and, because I live here I can. Of course these young surfer type dudes love what they do so they do it very well.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,013)
All reviews
"wet suits"
in 32 reviews
"whale watching"
in 15 reviews
"highly recommend this company"
in 14 reviews
"double kayak"
"awesome experience"
in 12 reviews

Reviewed May 17, 2012

My husband and I had our first kayaking tour experience with OEX at La Jolla on 5-12-12.
We highly recommend this tour to everybody. La Jolla is a magical paradise in San Diego, our guides were the most friendly, dedicated, loving, fun and knowledgeable. OEX tours are the best!

Reviewed May 17, 2012

A good 90 minute tour, geared to beginners and intermediate kayakers. Tour leaders were patient, safety conscious, informative and fun. The group was a little large at 25, making it somewhat hard to hear when we were all spread out on the water, but the guides gave lots of info on the environment, wildlife, coast and cave area. I attended solo and was put in a tandem kayak, and it worked out fine. Equipment is good, helmets and life jackets are provided, and the on-beach tutorial is adequate. Prepare to get wet and don't bring cameras/phones on the kayak ;-).

1  Thank AnyPlace2012
Reviewed May 6, 2012

I have been out in La Jolla Cove before and this group did a great job of keeping our group together with different skill levels and gave a great overview of the different facets of the Cove and underwater environments. What a great way to spend the afternoon with a fun group of guides!

See more reviews
Reviewed April 17, 2012

We had visitors from out of town, and of course we took them to the beach! It was a blustery cold day so instead of hanging out in the cold, we decided to brave the waves in a kayak. The staff was super friendly and were great at training the novices of our group to kayak in the midst of the wind and rolling waters. The tour guide gave great, very interesting, information about the area. All and all....I would recommend it to one and all!