“Golf Trip to Torrey Pines”

Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines
Ranked #10 of 24 Hotels in La Jolla
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed March 7, 2014

I have had Torrey Pines on my bucket list for some time now. Late last year I decided to get that one off of my list. I along with a few friends decided to make the trip. Tee times were arranged, room reservations made and off we went on March 2. When we arrived at the Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines we were blown away by the friendliness of the staff and the appearance of the hotel. Our positive impression didn't end there. A problem immediately came up upon check in. The room I thought I had reserved was not available and the room I was given was going to be too small for us. The clerk at check in immediately found us a room that met our needs and kept the cost the same as the one they were going to give us. I was very impressed. The room was perfect, the view was spectacular and the staff was more than helpful and went out of their way to meet all of our needs. We will be back.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Samira M, Public Relations Manager at Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are thrilled that we were able to be a part of your bucket list! We will share your kind words with our staff and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

There are newer reviews for Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines

Reviewed March 6, 2014

Had a trip to the coast last month for business, and being the corp. office was less than 1o minutes away, this indeed was the best place to stay. Excellent people at all levels, from concierge to the front desk, to the bartenders downstairs. No issues , perhaps a wee bit pricey for the portions in the restaurant, but all in all the will go out of their way to make you feel welcome. Hotel is beginning to show it's age in some areas, but the people on the grounds make up for most of that. Guess I'm not thrilled about paying to park in a place you're staying at but it is what it is. Would stay there again on next trip out to the coast.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Samira M, Public Relations Manager at Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience. We are happy you were able to stay with us during your recent business trip. We will share your kind words with our staff. See you next time!

Reviewed March 5, 2014

As someone who travel all the time, traveling for vacation can be difficult...but not when coming to this property. It is like coming home. The staff are attentive yet not over bearing. The food is excellent and the rooms were spotless. My wife has gluten allergies ( for many years) and their dining staff was attentive to her needs even to the point of checking on an item after she ordered it to tell her they were unsure if the soy sauce was gluten free. She ordered something else. Great attention to detail.
The La Jolla environment is fabulous and only 20 minutes from the city and 15 minutes from the airport...I would not even think of staying any place else. This was our 3rd trip there for vacation...and we will be there every year. PS the breakfast buffet and servers are excellent.

Room Tip: Ask fo a room with an ocean and pool view...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Samira M, Public Relations Manager at Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience! We are thrilled you and your family enjoyed your time with us in beautiful La Jolla. See you soon!

Reviewed March 4, 2014

I stayed at the Hilton Torrey Pines for several weeks for a business trip nearby. I was welcomed, and greeted nearly each morning by Rich Woods, who provided my newspaper daily, and had a great attitude each day. Darren was also helpful and friendly, and having to stay for a decent length of time I appreciated their kindness, warmth, and humor each day. I highly recommend this hotel, and I appreciate the kind staff.

Room Tip: My room was fantastic, with a view of the pool, patio, golf course, ocean view, and a nice patio to...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Samira M, Public Relations Manager at Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2014

Thank you very much for sharing your experience. It was our pleasure to be your home away from home. We will share your kind words with Rich and Darren. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed March 3, 2014

We have always been a Hilton family member so we went through booking.com and reserved a room for 3 nights. One night no cleaning service, next night no TV service. The furniture was not up to par even though they recently remodeled the rooms. The manager did comp a day but we are not so sure because we did not book with Hilton that we did not receive a sub par room. Will probably not stay there again, will try a Hyatt. The resturant food with the exception of breakfast was not to our liking . Eat out.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DasandJas

Thank you for sharing. We are constantly looking for way to improve guest experience. We will share your feedback with management and we hope the next time you find yourself in La Jolla, you will stay with us again.

Reviewed March 3, 2014

After flying all day from the East coast, I arrived at the Hilton Torrey Pines at 6 PM thinking I had a reservation but soon realized I had confirmed my participation in a meeting at the hotel but forgot to make a room reservation. alhtough the hotel was sold out, the gentleman at the reservatioin desk was so helpful and assured me he could find me a room, which he did. I appreciated his gracious, professional manner and I felt like a valued guest. Every other staff person whom I encountered was equally gracious. The beautiful views and terrific food was icing on the cake.
Jane

1  Thank Jane W

Thank you for sharing your review. We are very happy that we were able to provide you with accommodations and a memorable stay. We will share your kind words with our staff. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed March 2, 2014

The rooms were nice and recently redone. The staff was very helpful and nice. We ate in the bar and restaurant several times. The good and service were consistent. The breakfast was good, we had coupons so it made less expensive but still received fresh food on the cold and hot buffet.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Samira M, Public Relations Manager at Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2014

Great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! We will share your kind words with our staff. See you next time!