“"System Error"”

Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines
Ranked #11 of 24 Hotels in La Jolla
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Reservation and booking nightmare!! I went ahead and booked my reservation online and received a wonderful military rate of $60 per night since we were traveling in October for a one night stay...I thought the rate was fantastic...until today when I received an email letting me know that my rate was a "error" and that they were sorry and would have to charge me the $139 military rate...I am a week away from my travel date and now I have to look for another place to stay...I DO NOT appreciate having to pay for their "system error" I would uphold them to doing the right thing and maintaining the rate the confirmed through my initial reservation...getting an email was irritating and seeing how they jumped at the opportunity to cancel my reservation means I will NEVER stay at the Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines...I will find another place who is not prone to system errors!! Travelers beware!

3  Thank claucrasoda
Katie E, Manager at Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I am extremely sorry and absolutely embarrassed for this issue. System error or not, none of our guests should ever be inconvenienced in such a way. I am sincerely sorry that this issue has caused you frustration as that is never our intention. I would like to further discuss this situation with you and see what we can do to make it right. Can you please email me directly at katie.ellison@hilton.com so that we can discuss in further detail. Thank you!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,603)

Reviewed September 25, 2013

We had a great time and highly recommend this location. We stayed in the standard room on the top (4th) floor and had a beautiful view of the garden and ocean in the distance from our private balcony. Book in advance on-line for best pricing and be sure to have them give you package with parking included if you drove in.

1  Thank Cary B

Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your recent trip to San Diego. I am pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your stay and that you loved the beautiful views directly from your guest room. Thank you for your feedback and for providing your helpful tips to our future guests. We look forward to welcoming you back for a future visit.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

Location is beautiful, place is clean, and representatives pleasant. But don't try to check in before 4 PM, don't eat here, and know that there is no express checkout. 1. I checked out at 4 AM. How could there not be a bill under my door like every other hotel? 2. I had a turkey club for lunch. The turkey appeared to be of the kind you got prepackaged from the cooler section of your local supermarket. It was atrocious and you should be embarrassed!

1  Thank Kenneth M H

Thank you for taking the time to share your candid feedback. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed the location of the property and that you found your accommodations clean and comfortable. I am delighted to hear that you found the team members pleasant and courteous throughout your stay. I am sincerely sorry that your bill was not available under your door when you were ready to check-out, however, you can collect this from the front desk if need be. I am also very sorry that the sandwich you received was not what you were expecting and that it was not to your satisfaction. I want to assure you that none of our food is prepackaged or of supermarket quality. All of our food is prepared fresh daily and made to order. My apologies that the sandwich you received was not to your liking. Please accept my sincerest apologies and I hope that these small incidences do not keep you from coming back for a future visit. Thank you!

Reviewed September 22, 2013

This was my fourth visit to Hilton T.P in LaJolla. This time, I had a newly renovated room, which was quite nice. The employees are always top-notch and will go out of their way to make requests come to fruition.
I appreciate the amenities from being a Hilton Honors member, as well as the discounts on breakfast. The breakfast is average fare, but served well and you can't beat the views from this hotel-even from the restaurant. If the weather is nice, try to have breakfast on the large veranda. Nice!
Location is great for golf and/or jogging/hiking. I run to and from the Torrey Pines State Park trails each time I am at this property. Fabulous perk!
Definitely a go-to for business travel if you want to get some sense of "vac-a" on a business trip.

Room Tip: Higher floors are best, as they have better views and less noise from outside. 4th floor is best of...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Katie E, Manager at Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2013

Thank you for your wonderful review and for your continued loyalty to both our hotel and the Hilton brand. I am happy to hear how much you enjoyed your recent visit and that you loved your brand new guest room. I am ecstatic to learn that you found all the team members courteous and helpful throughout your stay and that you loved all the beautiful views from the hotel. Thank you for choosing to stay with us again and we look forward to welcoming you back for another visit in the near future.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

I exclusively stay at this property when business brings me to San Diego. I love the view of the ocean and famous golf coarse. Of coarse the pool is magnificent and it the best way to enjoy the end or beginning of the day.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

We visited the Hilton at Torrey Pines for three nights and we had a wonderful stay. The Hotel itself is situated on the Torrey Pines golf course with views of the ocean. It is conveniently located to La Jolla and San Diego without being situated in a loud touristy location. Big plus for us!

We loved the pool and spa as well as access to the Scripps exercise facility. The staff was very accommodating and service was fine. We only had breakfast drinks and a poolside snack one evening, which was good.

I would highly recommend the Hilton La Jolla at Torrey Pines. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and the area. The lobby and pool areas are beautiful and relaxing.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Katie E, Manager at Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience. I am pleased to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay and that you loved our relaxing and serene location overlooking the Torrey Pines Golf Course and the Pacific Ocean. I am pleased to know that you appreciated all the amenities we offer our guests and that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back for a future visit.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

We made reservations at another hotel and when we got there the hotel wasn't like the pictures
and the room smelled of mold. We were able to book the Hilton on line at the last minute and spent our whole vacation there. The service, the rooms, and the food was great. Saved the vacation.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your wonderful review and for choosing to stay with us. I am overjoyed to learn that you were able to book a room last minute and that we were able to help save your vacation. I am pleased to know that you loved our brand new guest rooms and that you had wonderful service throughout your stay. We welcome you back the next time you are in San Diego.

Also consider these accommodations in or near La Jolla
4 mi away
La Valencia Hotel
La Valencia Hotel
#5 of 24 in La Jolla

Been to Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines? Share your experiences!