“Excellent service and location”

Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines
Ranked #11 of 24 Hotels in La Jolla
GreenLeadersSilver level
Pleasanton, California
“Excellent service and location”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Hilton Torrey Pines always has excellent service starting at the valet, the front desk, in the dining area and even the bar. The grounds are kept immaculate and their location at Torrey Pines Golf course and near the ocean are beautiful. Great for family, friends and couples. I know it sounds like a commercial but I have stayed here many times and if is great each time.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Katie E, Manager at Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful 5 star review. I am pleased to hear how much your enjoyed your stay and that you received impeccable service throughout your time with us. I am delighted to learn that you loved our serene and relaxing location with unbeatable views and the legendary Torrey Pines Golf Course just steps from our front door. I am happy to hear that you truly enjoyed your visit and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (290)
  • Korean first
Jerusalem, Israel
Reviewed August 27, 2013

I went to the Hilton Torrey Pines for two nights with my daughter and her husband and two little kids. Ages 3 and 5. While this is not really a resort for kids, it is fine. We needed to be near La Jolla and found it to be just a short drive away.
The rooms are well appointed and clean. Beds good. Amenities good. We did not eat in the hotel. the workout room looked a little shabby. We didn't use the pool, but it looked very inviting.
walked around near the golf course and enjoyed the sea breezes.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
League City, Texas
Reviewed August 27, 2013

The Hilton at La Jolla has it all. Beautiful views, spacious rooms, friendly staff and of course the golf course. The hotel is in a desirable location with easy access to all the great attractions. We can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: Rooms with a veranda view of the golf course are great.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JWF901
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and for choosing to stay with us on your recent trip to San Diego. I am ecstatic to learn how much you enjoyed your stay and that you loved your spacious and comfortable guest room as well as the stunning views. I am pleased to know that you received impeccable service throughout your stay and that you can’t wait to come back. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Murrieta
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Not my favorite place. We booked a government rate so of course we got the worst located rooms they have. I guess not so bad for my husband since he was going golfing and he could walk out to the course, but no view whatsoever. No natural light either. As it turned out, I ended up walking out and over to The Lodge for meals anyway so I guess it worked out after all. I'm not sure if that was the Hilton's intended outcome. First of all, there is nowhere to get food except for the one restaurant in the Hilton hotel. So they know they are holding you hostage. The breakfast, which included bacon, eggs and coffee, was $26++. Really? We ate dinner there the first night and it wasn't that great so I wasn't about to spend $26 on bacon and eggs. So we went next door to The Lodge where the food was better and less expensive, the resort is nicer, and the service was much more gracious. Next time I would spend the extra $100 a night and stay next door.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank dvsdeedee
Thank you for taking the time to share your candid feedback. I am sincerely sorry to hear that you were not pleased with the guest room you received. Next time, please let our front desk team know and we would be more than happy to try and provide you with accommodations that are more fitting to your needs. I am very sorry to hear that you were unsatisfied with your dinner the first night of your stay which discouraged you from joining us for breakfast. Our breakfast is fantastic and much more than just bacon and eggs, we also have a build-your-own omelet station, fresh fruit, pastries, French toast, potatoes and much more. I encourage you to try it the next time you visit. Thank you for your review and I hope you reconsider choosing to stay with us in the future.
Krum, United States
Reviewed August 25, 2013

This Hilton is a perfect spot in between Del Mar and La Jolla I love it! Very nice ocean views and beautifull golf course behind property. It is typical Hilton quality with more recent updated rooms. The breakfast was great especially the omelette station everything else was very good also

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

west valley city, United States
Reviewed August 24, 2013

I went there on business and was only there one night so I didn't get the chance to enjoy the amenities and I wished that I would have been able to stay longer. The short time I was there the hotel was very nice, the staff was helpful and the amenities looked to be great.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for your review and for your quick visit. I am happy to hear that during your time with us you received wonderful service from the staff and that you had a pleasant stay. I do hope that next time you visit you are able to stay a little longer and take advantage of our amazing amenities. Thank you for your feedback.
Saint Albans, Vermont
Reviewed August 24, 2013

The Hilton at Torrey Pines is about 20 mins from the airport, so it is away from much of the bustle .. Right next to the famous golf course and an easy walk to the remarkable cliffs and shoreline of the nature preserve. Hotel itself is excellent. Great staff, comfortable rooms, excellent food .. Verizon cell service was spotty in the conference center but stronger elsewhere. Good fitness room with weights, pretty pool.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your recent trip to San Diego. I am pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your stay and that you loved that our location is close to all the action but secluded enough to have a relaxing and serene getaway. I am glad to know that you loved the nearby cliffs and hiking trails of the Torrey Pines State Reserve and also the always popular Torrey Pines Golf Course. I am happy to hear that the entire staff was friendly and accommodating throughout your stay and that you loved your spacious and comfortable new guest room. Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future.