“Friendly and Welcoming”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Pleasanton, California
“Friendly and Welcoming”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

My girlfriend and I have stayed at the Hilton Torrey Pines many times over the last 3 years. We just returned from another wonderful visit over Mother's Day weekend. Their staff is the BEST. They are always extremely friendly and helpful. A special thanks to the gentlemen serving breakfast each morning. The location and grounds are beautiful. As another reviewer, the only downside is only a continental breakfast for Hilton Honors Gold members.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank darthvayd
Katie E, Manager at Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Thank you for your outstanding review, for choosing to stay with us and also for your loyalty as a HHonors member. I am so honored that you and your girlfriend choose to stay with us each time you visit San Diego and that every time you are here, you receive impeccable service. I am pleased to know how much you enjoyed your stay and that all of the staff was very accommodating and courteous. We look forward to seeing you both again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (290)
  • Korean first
Castaic, California
Reviewed May 15, 2013

My daughter and I stayed at this Hilton and it was fabulous. The view was wonderful.
At breakfast Raul and Antonio were so accommodating. Antonio went out of his way to help us as my daughter wasn't feeling well. On Mother's Day, Nigel, Director of Operations, greeted us and went out of his way to make sure we felt welcome. I look forward to coming back to enjoy the pool and the hotel amenities.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank janet z
Thank you for your recent 5 star review. I am so happy to hear that you and your daughter had such a memorable stay over Mother’s Day Weekend and that all the staff you encountered was friendly and accommodating. I will be sure to give special recognition to Raul, Antonio, and Nigel for their outstanding customer service. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and we look forward to seeing you and your daughter in the near future.
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Stayed here whilst attending a conference at the hotel.

Lovely big room on the first floor - two double beds all to myself and massive TV in room.
Bed was so comfy had a great night sleep.
Bathroom was nice too with toiletries included.Had a small patio that overlooked the grounds which was lovely in the morning..

Wifi not included in room rate which is disappointing.

Nice location - worth the walk to the beach and easily accessible to central San Diego (20mins)

Breakfast was provided at the conference and was really nice and great service by staff.

Ate in the restaurant on one evening and this was nice too.

Overall - a pleasant stay

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am pleased to know how much you enjoyed your stay and that you had a delightful visit during your conference. I am glad to hear how impressed you were with your new guest room and that you were very comfortable during your stay. For future reference, we do offer complimentary wifi in our common areas for your convenience. Thank you for your feedback and I hope you come back to visit us again soon!
Oceanside, United States
Reviewed May 14, 2013

The hotel is located in one of the most beautiful locations in Southern California, overlooking the Torrey Pines Golf Course and the Pacific Ocean. The hotel has recently been remodeled and is absolutely gorgeous - both rooms I have stayed in were beautiful. The suite had a full ocean view along with views of La Jolla and colorful hang-gliders. This is a top-notch hotel!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. I am pleased to hear how much you loved your stay as well as the hotel. I am delighted to know that you were impressed with our brand new guest rooms and that you were captivated with the stunning views of the Torrey Pines Golf Course and the Pacific Ocean. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Thank you!
Reviewed May 13, 2013

We chose this beautiful location to celebrate Mother's Day. A minute we arrived to the hotel, we've been greeted by friendly valet and bell desk staff. The hotel itself has beautiful, freshly renovated, clean rooms, and it is located in the most georgeus part of San Diego. It is a must for golfers, bikers and beach goers. Elizabeth who assisted us with check in was genuine, helpful and friendly. She made a friendly conversation with my 8 year old to make her feel special. Enjoying great swimming pool and especially fire pits at night was wonderful. Breakfast has a great value and is served in friendly atmosphere by extremely hospitable staff. We had a great time and I truly recommend this location for vacation, "stay cation" or whatever fits you best!

• Stayed May 2013
Katie E, Manager at Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Thank you so much for your wonderful review and for choosing to celebrate Mother’s Day with us. I am very pleased to know how much you and your family enjoyed your stay and that from the moment you arrived you were greeted with friendly and hospitable service. I am delighted to learn that you were impressed with our newly renovated guest rooms and that you and your family loved our location as well as our beautiful pool. I am so happy that you all enjoyed our delicious Mother’s Day Brunch at Torreyana Grille and thank you again for your recommendation to our future guests. We look forward to seeing you and your family again soon!
Minnesota
Reviewed May 11, 2013

I stayed here for a conference, and I really liked everything about the place. The room was spacious, the bed comfortable, the grounds beautiful... The food was good, but I would never go to this hotel for the food.

My only complaint was that the towel rack was not near the shower. Come on guys! Design the bathroom so you can easily grab a towel from the shower!

All of that said, check out the Lodge next door. I loved the craftsman style and Stickley furniture, and we will be staying there in July when we're back in the area. Goregous. We went there for three of our meals and we preferred it over the Hilton.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your recent 5 star review and for taking the time to share your experience with our future guests. I am delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your stay and that you loved the hotel. I am glad that you were impressed with your spacious and comfortable new guest room and that you thought our luscious grounds were superb. My apologies that the towel rack was not conveniently placed for you, I hope it did not cause you too much frustration. Thank you for your review and I do hope you return for a visit with all we have to offer our guests.
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Very nice hotel overlooking Torrey Pines. My room was one that was recently renovated and the renovations were very nice. One drawback is with the Hilton Honors, you only get a continental breakfast instead of a full breakfast.

3 Thank USAWelder
Thank you for your recent review and for choosing to stay with us. I want to let you know that we truly value your loyalty to Hilton and appreciate your business. I am happy to hear that you loved the beautiful views and that you were impressed with your modern and spacious new guest room. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to San Diego.