WINNER WONDERLAND
Win Big When You Book on TripAdvisor

“Great customer service, wonderful location, nice family get away and more....” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Jolla Shores Hotel

La Jolla Shores Hotel
Ranked #10 of 24 Hotels in La Jolla
San Mateo, California
“Great customer service, wonderful location, nice family get away and more....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2012

Our family of four (two children: 6 & 4 years old) had a great stay at the La Jolla Shores Hotel last month. The rooms were spacious, clean and comfortable. I enjoyed the front desk staff along with a good restaurant/service with the kids eating for free. Also, the pool was nice, warm and very clean. I'd highly recommend the hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Aaron A

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (338)
  • Korean first
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2012

First off... great location right on the beach. Bed was nice and comfortable. The room was also nice. Everything was CLEAN!!! We got an ocean front room and we fell asleep to the ocean each night. We ordered a crib and it was clean and actually a real crib. They also had a little stuffed bear in it that had "La Shores" on it. Nice touch!! The pool area was nice. The pool was cold for our taste, but they claim it was set to 85 degrees I think??? The hot tub was nice. Actually have a small kid baby pool. But again it was too cold for us. There is a nice little park just a short walk up the beach for the kids..

Hear are some "not so good" things to think about---
-Way too expensive for what you get. (We paid the extra $$ for an oceanfront because we wanted to hear the ocean but that was the ONLY reason we spent the extra money to stay at this hotel)
-They will charge you $16 a night for parking.
-Staff members are friendly, but you still have to ask for new towels. ( we got back from being at Sea World all day and the room had not even been touched.)
- The food was not good at all. We ate pizza for room service and it was just "OK". We ate at the restaurant down stairs that looks over the ocean and it was not good at all. I left half my breakfast on the table. How can you screw breakfast up?? Food was also way expensive.

Over all we had a nice time at La Jolla Shores. I would have given it 5 out of 5 if we had spent less. But at over $300 a night, it just was not up to expectations. Would we go back????? Maybe, but I am pretty certain that I will try something else on my next visit. If we had not gotten the ocean view room, I would have been very unsatisfied with the hotel.

Room Tip: If you choose this hotel. Get the ocean view...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Dustin W
Albany, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2012

This hotel is the best we've ever stayed at from the staff who checks us in, the housekeeping staff, security, and dining room staff. The rooms are spacious and comfortable and always clean and well maintained.

Room Tip: 2nd story rooms have a view of the Pacific Ocean.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank bclooch
Medford
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2012

This is a wonderful place to stay for a few days or longer, Your Gona Love This!!! The Staff at this property are so wonderful and very very nice people. Somethimes hard to find. The room was very very comfortable, and well appointed. Bed was Pillow Top :] WaHoo! With a drop dead view right off your balcony, if that's what you decided on. Just wonderful, my husband and I will be back to this location!

Room Tip: Really love the ocean view room. Second or Third floor would avoid the board walk foot traffic.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

Would definitely recommend this hotel, the staff in particular were every professional, efficient, warm and friendly. In its prime it must have been a beautiful property. It has aged but seems to be taken care of and that is probably what makes it so affordable.

• Stayed December 2012
Narberth, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2012

I was lost, it was dark and raining, and I was looking for the hotel I had reserved in vain, and stumbled upon the Shores and went in to use the rest room - and to my surprise, it was incredibly relaxing and inviting and I was weary so I inquired about a room and got a lovely king room with a sea view for a reasonable rate. Had a business engagement that evening but the next morning had a business associate come to the hotel for breakfast - spectacular sea/beach view and divine breakfast that was also incredibly reasonable. I asked for a late check out so I could enjoy the view and relax before hitting the road to LA - I would go back here in a HEARTBEAT!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business