We visited the Grande Colonial for a family reunion and 80th birthday celebration for my mother. We found the elegant old building charming, the location stunning, and the attentive service heartwarming. La Jolla Village is the place for a vacation in San Diego County. The hotel is just one block from a scenic craggy stretch of coastline, with spectacular wildlife your neighbors: lazy harbor seals, graceful pelicans, and ubiquitous seagulls. Miles of wide beaches are within a few minutes’ drive. The Village is an antidote to car-oriented Southern California with its small streets and numerous shops and superb restaurants within an easy walk. People with mobility limitations should make use of the complimentary “London Taxi” service offered by the hotel; your driver will be friendly, attentive, and genuinely happy to provide you with the service that you need. And tight parking in La Jolla Village makes this service very welcome alternative to driving, even if you have a car available. The rooms are comfortable and quite roomy for such a historic hotel. The staff seemed genuinely happy to accommodate the various requests of our party, which ranged in ages from 24 to 87. They made one of the conference rooms available as our “hang-out” space, bringing us tea and serving us our breakfast there. This made the hotel perfect for this family event; even the one rainy day during our stay was not a problem, because the room allowed us to turn it into “family game day.” The lobby is fairly small, so if you will need such space, it’s probably worth arranging for in advance. The breakfasts were gourmet-quality, and ordering off of the varied menu was a welcome change from hotel breakfast buffets. Many thanks to the Grande Colonial and its staff for helping us create a perfect family event.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the seaside Village of La Jolla, just 15 minutes north of downtown San Diego, the Four Diamond Grande Colonial offers classic European styling in the intimate setting of a boutique hotel. For more than a century, the Grande Colonial has been one of the most esteemed hotels in San Diego. But beyond the turn of the century architecture, our true hallmark is our warm, friendly staff and gracious service. We take pride in preserving the heritage laid down by our founders more than 100 years ago by providing the finest experience in first class accommodations. And just as those founders envisioned in 1913, the Grande Colonial remains today a classic hotel that rivals anything in the West. Commanding views of the California coastline, the Grande Colonial overlooks the shores of the Pacific Ocean and is ideally located just steps away from miles of beautiful beaches renowned to Southern California. Within walking distance are world-class shopping, dining, and entertainment and within a short drive are an abundance of golf, recreation and visitor attractions.The hotel features 93 air-conditioned, non-smoking guest rooms and suites (some with fully-equipped kitchens and fireplaces). With its ideal location, gracious service and environment of extraordinary comfort, the Grande Colonial hotel provides the ideal destination for travelers to La Jolla. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Grande Colonial La Jolla reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Grande Colonial La Jolla Hotel La Jolla
- Grande Colonial Hotel La Jolla