I decided to treat my family to a short trip to La Jolla and found The Grand Colonial Hotel via Frommer's. I couldn't have been more pleased with our choice. The hotel is located smack dab in the middle of the village -- walking distance of the seals at the Children's Pool, the famous Cove (where La Jolla Kayak took us out on a fabulous kayak tour of the caves) and plenty of great shopping and food! I have always loved La Jolla but have never had an opportunity to stay here. We've always just spent a few hours visiting while in town. But we have now discovered that there is so much to do in this community that staying outside of La Jolla just doesn't make sense. And The Grand Colonial is the perfect place from which to explore. The staff was extremely gracious and knowledgeable about the area. Our room was fabulous. There are no screens on the windows, which is so nice because the ocean air just flows right into the room. We also hear they will be doing an upgrade of all the room interiors later this year, which will only make it that much better. Unfortunately, we didn't get a chance to try out the restaurant, Nine Ten, but will next time. We hear that is great too and you can eat outside on a deck that overlooks the water! We highly recommend La Jolla and The Grand Colonial for your next getaway!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the seaside Village of La Jolla, just 15 minutes north of downtown San Diego, the Four Diamond Grande Colonial offers classic European styling in the intimate setting of a boutique hotel. For more than a century, the Grande Colonial has been one of the most esteemed hotels in San Diego. But beyond the turn of the century architecture, our true hallmark is our warm, friendly staff and gracious service. We take pride in preserving the heritage laid down by our founders more than 100 years ago by providing the finest experience in first class accommodations. And just as those founders envisioned in 1913, the Grande Colonial remains today a classic hotel that rivals anything in the West. Commanding views of the California coastline, the Grande Colonial overlooks the shores of the Pacific Ocean and is ideally located just steps away from miles of beautiful beaches renowned to Southern California. Within walking distance are world-class shopping, dining, and entertainment and within a short drive are an abundance of golf, recreation and visitor attractions.The hotel features 93 air-conditioned, non-smoking guest rooms and suites (some with fully-equipped kitchens and fireplaces). With its ideal location, gracious service and environment of extraordinary comfort, the Grande Colonial hotel provides the ideal destination for travelers to La Jolla. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, HotelPower, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grande Colonial La Jolla reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Grande Colonial La Jolla Hotel La Jolla
- Grande Colonial Hotel La Jolla