Checked in around 9 pm. Because we needed 2 rooms close together there weren't many choices. We got one room with 2 queens and the other room was for our other family member. We first walked through a basement like hallway to get to our room. Once in the room you can feel the humidity, like you are in a wet basement. Then noticed one bed was perfectly made and the other didn't have the decorative pillows, then I see water on the nightstand. I immediately spoke to the front desk and they told me they only turn down one bed. I showed them photos of the room and the wet spot on the night stand. They got the manager to come and check the room and apologized for the substandard condition of the room. They didn't offer to change rooms for me, but she did offer to have the maintenance to come and wipe down the room b/c house keeping is not available at night. I know this is an older hotel but I was expecting it to be clean with lots of charm. I got room 124 and it feels damp and basement like. Maybe the upper levels may be nicer. Just very disappointed, I don't think I will come to this place again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the seaside Village of La Jolla, just 15 minutes north of downtown San Diego, the Four Diamond Grande Colonial offers classic European styling in the intimate setting of a boutique hotel. For more than a century, the Grande Colonial has been one of the most esteemed hotels in San Diego. But beyond the turn of the century architecture, our true hallmark is our warm, friendly staff and gracious service. We take pride in preserving the heritage laid down by our founders more than 100 years ago by providing the finest experience in first class accommodations. And just as those founders envisioned in 1913, the Grande Colonial remains today a classic hotel that rivals anything in the West. Commanding views of the California coastline, the Grande Colonial overlooks the shores of the Pacific Ocean and is ideally located just steps away from miles of beautiful beaches renowned to Southern California. Within walking distance are world-class shopping, dining, and entertainment and within a short drive are an abundance of golf, recreation and visitor attractions.The hotel features 93 air-conditioned, non-smoking guest rooms and suites (some with fully-equipped kitchens and fireplaces). With its ideal location, gracious service and environment of extraordinary comfort, the Grande Colonial hotel provides the ideal destination for travelers to La Jolla. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grande Colonial La Jolla reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Grande Colonial La Jolla Hotel La Jolla
- Grande Colonial Hotel La Jolla