This is a truly elegant and beautiful hotel, a true part of La Jolla history. My family and I stayed here for my daughter's wedding. The wedding party gathered in the "Little Hotel by the Sea" but many of us also stayed in the main part of the hotel. The hotel upgraded our room to an ocean view and we enjoyed the beautiful San Diego weather by opening all the roll type windows and breathing in the lovely sea air morning and night.
Although in the center of the village and close to shopping and restaurants, our room was very quiet. The only thing we heard was the occasional barking of the seals in the cove below. The staff was friendly and accomodating, and even offered to shuttle my 90 year old father into town in their golf cart.
I love this place, and eventhough I live in San Diego, can't wait to return and treat myself to this experience again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the seaside Village of La Jolla, just 15 minutes north of downtown San Diego, the Four Diamond Grande Colonial offers classic European styling in the intimate setting of a boutique hotel. For more than a century, the Grande Colonial has been one of the most esteemed hotels in San Diego. But beyond the turn of the century architecture, our true hallmark is our warm, friendly staff and gracious service. We take pride in preserving the heritage laid down by our founders more than 100 years ago by providing the finest experience in first class accommodations. And just as those founders envisioned in 1913, the Grande Colonial remains today a classic hotel that rivals anything in the West. Commanding views of the California coastline, the Grande Colonial overlooks the shores of the Pacific Ocean and is ideally located just steps away from miles of beautiful beaches renowned to Southern California. Within walking distance are world-class shopping, dining, and entertainment and within a short drive are an abundance of golf, recreation and visitor attractions.The hotel features 93 air-conditioned, non-smoking guest rooms and suites (some with fully-equipped kitchens and fireplaces). With its ideal location, gracious service and environment of extraordinary comfort, the Grande Colonial hotel provides the ideal destination for travelers to La Jolla. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Odigeo, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your Grande Colonial La Jolla reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Grande Colonial La Jolla Hotel La Jolla
- Grande Colonial Hotel La Jolla