We stayed in rm 137 which is a garden terrace suite. It was separate from the main hotel building so we had a full kitchen and windows on 3 sides. There was an ocean view from the large kitchen window. Room also had a gas fireplace, a huge bathroom and a comfy bed. We had our 17 month old with us and there was plenty of room for her pack-n-play and jogging stroller in the room. We were just a block from the oceanfront Scripps Park and La Jolla Cove. We used the valet parking the first couple of days, but then realized that we were able to find street parking on Jenner Street which is right by the gate that you can use to get into the terrace that connects the garden terrace rooms without having to go through the main hotel. We loved the room and the location and can't wait to go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the seaside Village of La Jolla, just 15 minutes north of downtown San Diego, the Four Diamond Grande Colonial offers classic European styling in the intimate setting of a boutique hotel. For more than a century, the Grande Colonial has been one of the most esteemed hotels in San Diego. But beyond the turn of the century architecture, our true hallmark is our warm, friendly staff and gracious service. We take pride in preserving the heritage laid down by our founders more than 100 years ago by providing the finest experience in first class accommodations. And just as those founders envisioned in 1913, the Grande Colonial remains today a classic hotel that rivals anything in the West. Commanding views of the California coastline, the Grande Colonial overlooks the shores of the Pacific Ocean and is ideally located just steps away from miles of beautiful beaches renowned to Southern California. Within walking distance are world-class shopping, dining, and entertainment and within a short drive are an abundance of golf, recreation and visitor attractions.The hotel features 93 air-conditioned, non-smoking guest rooms and suites (some with fully-equipped kitchens and fireplaces). With its ideal location, gracious service and environment of extraordinary comfort, the Grande Colonial hotel provides the ideal destination for travelers to La Jolla. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets and Jetsetter so you can book your Grande Colonial La Jolla reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Grande Colonial La Jolla Hotel La Jolla
- Grande Colonial Hotel La Jolla