My Wife and I celebrated our anniversary at the Grande and the service and ambiance of this Hotel made our weekend better than we could have expected. We live in San Diego but neither of us have ever stayed at the Grande so we decided to do a Staycation at the Grande due to its great central location to many top notch restaurants and beautiful beaches. The hotel really makes you feel special from the moment you park and are greeted by the Bell Boys to the time you check out. I have to say that the Chef and Staff at their restaurant, Nine-Ten, knocked it out of the park with dishes that I can't even pronounce but tasted and looked like works of art. Make sure to ask for terrace seating for sunset dinner. Our room had a great view of the ocean and allowed for a nice wind to come through. My only negative would be a small one but, the room could feel a little small, however; if you read about the history of this hotel, you will understand the size of the rooms. We will definitely be back!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the seaside Village of La Jolla, just 15 minutes north of downtown San Diego, the Four Diamond Grande Colonial offers classic European styling in the intimate setting of a boutique hotel. For more than a century, the Grande Colonial has been one of the most esteemed hotels in San Diego. But beyond the turn of the century architecture, our true hallmark is our warm, friendly staff and gracious service. We take pride in preserving the heritage laid down by our founders more than 100 years ago by providing the finest experience in first class accommodations. And just as those founders envisioned in 1913, the Grande Colonial remains today a classic hotel that rivals anything in the West. Commanding views of the California coastline, the Grande Colonial overlooks the shores of the Pacific Ocean and is ideally located just steps away from miles of beautiful beaches renowned to Southern California. Within walking distance are world-class shopping, dining, and entertainment and within a short drive are an abundance of golf, recreation and visitor attractions.The hotel features 93 air-conditioned, non-smoking guest rooms and suites (some with fully-equipped kitchens and fireplaces). With its ideal location, gracious service and environment of extraordinary comfort, the Grande Colonial hotel provides the ideal destination for travelers to La Jolla. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grande Colonial La Jolla reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Grande Colonial La Jolla Hotel La Jolla
- Grande Colonial Hotel La Jolla