My husband and I have been coming to The Grande Colonial for over 12 years!! We come for my birthday and our anniversary every year at the same time. We have seen staff come and go and we have NEVER had a bad experience!!! Everyone is professional, kind and willing to do whatever it takes to make our experience the "grandest " possible, and they succeed!!!! The 9-10 restaurant is one of the best in the world!!! We ate in the bar 2 nights and we had never eaten there before. It was GRAND!!! We celebrated in the dining room with the "mercy of the chef dinner" and it was INCREDIBLE!!! It is no wonder that Jason Knibb is considered one of the top chefs in San Diego!!! We will continue to return to The Grande Colonial and continue to bring friends there for as long as possible!!! Do yourself and favor and try the divine experience!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the seaside Village of La Jolla, just 15 minutes north of downtown San Diego, the Four Diamond Grande Colonial offers classic European styling in the intimate setting of a boutique hotel. For more than a century, the Grande Colonial has been one of the most esteemed hotels in San Diego. But beyond the turn of the century architecture, our true hallmark is our warm, friendly staff and gracious service. We take pride in preserving the heritage laid down by our founders more than 100 years ago by providing the finest experience in first class accommodations. And just as those founders envisioned in 1913, the Grande Colonial remains today a classic hotel that rivals anything in the West. Commanding views of the California coastline, the Grande Colonial overlooks the shores of the Pacific Ocean and is ideally located just steps away from miles of beautiful beaches renowned to Southern California. Within walking distance are world-class shopping, dining, and entertainment and within a short drive are an abundance of golf, recreation and visitor attractions.The hotel features 93 air-conditioned, non-smoking guest rooms and suites (some with fully-equipped kitchens and fireplaces). With its ideal location, gracious service and environment of extraordinary comfort, the Grande Colonial hotel provides the ideal destination for travelers to La Jolla. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grande Colonial La Jolla reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Grande Colonial La Jolla Hotel La Jolla
- Grande Colonial Hotel La Jolla