My husband and I stayed at this gorgeous hotel a couple years ago and then returned last week with our children. Both stays were lovely. The hotel is historic, clean, and luxurious. It features a comfortable and beautiful pool our children enjoyed very much, blooming flowers everywhere, and a short walk down to Children's Cove and over to all the shops and restaurants. We only needed our car for San Diego jaunts. We walked everywhere. Our three daughters (8,11,13) played chess by the fire, dined with us on the lovely terrace, and slept well in our junior suite. The rollaway bed was surprisingly comfortable and our suite was plenty large enough.
The staff treated the girls kindly. We worried it would feel wrong to bring children to such a fancy hotel, but they were welcomed and they behaved themselves well.
DH and I already booked our next stay and we only checked out yesterday. It is absolutely worth the money. We are springing for an ocean view for our next visit. The view of the street and hills was lovely, too. Truly, you can't go wrong staying here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the seaside Village of La Jolla, just 15 minutes north of downtown San Diego, the Four Diamond Grande Colonial offers classic European styling in the intimate setting of a boutique hotel. For more than a century, the Grande Colonial has been one of the most esteemed hotels in San Diego. But beyond the turn of the century architecture, our true hallmark is our warm, friendly staff and gracious service. We take pride in preserving the heritage laid down by our founders more than 100 years ago by providing the finest experience in first class accommodations. And just as those founders envisioned in 1913, the Grande Colonial remains today a classic hotel that rivals anything in the West. Commanding views of the California coastline, the Grande Colonial overlooks the shores of the Pacific Ocean and is ideally located just steps away from miles of beautiful beaches renowned to Southern California. Within walking distance are world-class shopping, dining, and entertainment and within a short drive are an abundance of golf, recreation and visitor attractions.The hotel features 93 air-conditioned, non-smoking guest rooms and suites (some with fully-equipped kitchens and fireplaces). With its ideal location, gracious service and environment of extraordinary comfort, the Grande Colonial hotel provides the ideal destination for travelers to La Jolla. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grande Colonial La Jolla reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Grande Colonial La Jolla Hotel La Jolla
- Grande Colonial Hotel La Jolla