Grande Colonial La Jolla
La Valencia Hotel(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
$309
$151
  • Breakfast included
Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
$164
$153
Hilton.com
  • Restaurant
Estancia La Jolla Hotel & Spa(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
$258
$239
  • Pool
Sheraton La Jolla Hotel(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
$181
$149
  • Pool
Hyatt Regency La Jolla at Aventine(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
$169
Pantai Inn(La Jolla)
$374
Official Site
La Jolla Beach Travelodge(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
$140
$127
$185
$169
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
La Jolla Shores Hotel(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
$249
Travelocity
1,932 results
All reviewsvillage viewhistoric hoteljunior suitewalk in closetthe main hotelperfect locationpartial ocean viewchildren's poolvalet parkingstreet noiseprospect streetshops and restaurantswonderful hotelvalet serviceturn down servicebed was very comfortablesan diego
Reviewed April 27, 2013

I'm staying in a garden view room, on the second floor. When I booked, I had no idea I wasn't in the main hotel. I can see some ocean and sunset out my window. The room has a fridge stocked with complimentary water, Coke and Diet Coke. Gas fireplace too, which is a lovely addition. The staff service is impeccable. It doesn't hurt that they have an awesome restaurant on property, as well (Nine Ten). I'd stay here again, happily.

Room Tip: Garden view rooms will come with a view on the second floor. If you're not into steps, they aren't for you. If you like quiet and a fireplace, get those rooms.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank janebeard
Reviewed April 27, 2013

We have stayed at The Grande Colonial before and we were not disappointed during our last visit. Our room was well appointed with a comfortable bed, nice bath and small kitchen area. The location of the hotel is in the heart of La Jolla and within walking distance to everything. One block from the beach and walking trails and close to all the shops and restaurants one could ever want. We will be back.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Excellent location - downtown La Jolla. I stayed the first time at the Grande Colonial. The hotel looks great but the rooms are old and the carpet is grubby. Make sure that you don't get a room which face the village. Those rooms are quite noisy. For sure, there are better options in La Jolla for the same price. 3 stars

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Ralf H
Reviewed April 22, 2013

If you appreciate small hotels and historic properties and their charms, then this is for you. The public spaces are nice and there is a nice sunny and protected from the street courtyard between the buildings. The staff from front desk, to poolside, to lounge to valet were super friendly and helpful for all 3 days of my stay.

Room Tip: The partial ocean and ocean view rooms will be more quiet. Complimentary coffee in the lobby in the mornings. Local frequent the restaurant and lounge, which is a high indicator of the quality. Don't miss the lunch and dinner tables outside on the back veranda.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 22, 2013

We are happy that we stayed at this hotel but it wasn't "oceanfront" like I thought it would be. It's about 1 block from the ocean, so not too far.

Recommend: we asked for a room with an outdoor balcony/patio and we got it. I STRONGLY recommend you ask for these rooms too. It's a "partial" ocean view but we were ok with that. The patio was large enough to dine out there, surrounded by flowers & bushes. It was a 1st floor room. We LOVED the patio with table & chairs. They couldn't promise us this room but it was put on our reservation as a "request" I think the room # was: 122

Location: good. easy to walk to everything
STaff: front desk staff & bellman were very nice

Restaurant: never ate there but there were always people eating there at dinner & breakfast
Pool: was small & round (never saw a round pool before) it was ok

I would stay there again...

Room Tip: room with a patio/terrace
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple