We are happy that we stayed at this hotel but it wasn't "oceanfront" like I thought it would be. It's about 1 block from the ocean, so not too far.
Recommend: we asked for a room with an outdoor balcony/patio and we got it. I STRONGLY recommend you ask for these rooms too. It's a "partial" ocean view but we were ok with that. The patio was large enough to dine out there, surrounded by flowers & bushes. It was a 1st floor room. We LOVED the patio with table & chairs. They couldn't promise us this room but it was put on our reservation as a "request" I think the room # was: 122
Location: good. easy to walk to everything
STaff: front desk staff & bellman were very nice
Restaurant: never ate there but there were always people eating there at dinner & breakfast
Pool: was small & round (never saw a round pool before) it was ok
I would stay there again...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the seaside Village of La Jolla, just 15 minutes north of downtown San Diego, the Four Diamond Grande Colonial offers classic European styling in the intimate setting of a boutique hotel. For more than a century, the Grande Colonial has been one of the most esteemed hotels in San Diego. But beyond the turn of the century architecture, our true hallmark is our warm, friendly staff and gracious service. We take pride in preserving the heritage laid down by our founders more than 100 years ago by providing the finest experience in first class accommodations. And just as those founders envisioned in 1913, the Grande Colonial remains today a classic hotel that rivals anything in the West. Commanding views of the California coastline, the Grande Colonial overlooks the shores of the Pacific Ocean and is ideally located just steps away from miles of beautiful beaches renowned to Southern California. Within walking distance are world-class shopping, dining, and entertainment and within a short drive are an abundance of golf, recreation and visitor attractions.The hotel features 93 air-conditioned, non-smoking guest rooms and suites (some with fully-equipped kitchens and fireplaces). With its ideal location, gracious service and environment of extraordinary comfort, the Grande Colonial hotel provides the ideal destination for travelers to La Jolla. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Jetsetter and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grande Colonial La Jolla reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Grande Colonial La Jolla Hotel La Jolla
- Grande Colonial Hotel La Jolla