Excellent location, right by the seals and the shopping parts of downtown La Jolla.
We stayed here multiple times and each time the rooms were very different. Make sure you check out the rooms when checking in. One room we had was facing the village on the corner and on a Saturday night lets say is not a quiet room. You can actually hear the nightclub across the road. Another time we had a junior suite which was very spacious with ocean view room, this was very quiet and very comfortable as there are 2 desks for me to work on my computer. The last time we were there we were at the smallest room in the hotel. A little claustrophobic for me but one people may find it quite quaint.
A small pool, but didn't look very inviting, no hot tub, no gym in the hotel. I think there is one in the village but I didn't go.
Food from the restaurant Nine-Ten was mediocre, to me it wasnt anything outstanding, I didn't have the urge to go back for more.
Staff were friendly and professional, loved the fireplace in the lobby.
There are better options in La Jolla for the same price, but its not too bad overall I guess there are just more well rounded hotels in La Jolla.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the seaside Village of La Jolla, just 15 minutes north of downtown San Diego, the Four Diamond Grande Colonial offers classic European styling in the intimate setting of a boutique hotel. For more than a century, the Grande Colonial has been one of the most esteemed hotels in San Diego. But beyond the turn of the century architecture, our true hallmark is our warm, friendly staff and gracious service. We take pride in preserving the heritage laid down by our founders more than 100 years ago by providing the finest experience in first class accommodations. And just as those founders envisioned in 1913, the Grande Colonial remains today a classic hotel that rivals anything in the West. Commanding views of the California coastline, the Grande Colonial overlooks the shores of the Pacific Ocean and is ideally located just steps away from miles of beautiful beaches renowned to Southern California. Within walking distance are world-class shopping, dining, and entertainment and within a short drive are an abundance of golf, recreation and visitor attractions.The hotel features 93 air-conditioned, non-smoking guest rooms and suites (some with fully-equipped kitchens and fireplaces). With its ideal location, gracious service and environment of extraordinary comfort, the Grande Colonial hotel provides the ideal destination for travelers to La Jolla. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Grande Colonial La Jolla reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Grande Colonial La Jolla Hotel La Jolla
- Grande Colonial Hotel La Jolla