“What a disappointment!”

Ranked #1 of 26 Bakeries in La Jolla
San Diego, CA
“What a disappointment!”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

I'd been hearing about Sprinkles for a long time, and finally went today. I took home two cupcakes -- a chocolate cupcake with chocolate frosting and sprinkles for my chocaholic husband and a key lime cupcake for myself. My husband's reaction to his cupcake was "eh -- nothing special". My "key lime" cupcake was a dense, heavy cake with overly sweet frosting and just the slightest hint of lime flavor, almost impossible to detect. Perhaps I'm spoiled by the heavenly key lime cupcakes from CB's in Carlsbad, which are not only light and delicious and with a strong lime flavor, but also at least half again the size for the same price. I won't bother with Sprinkles again.

• Visited June 2013

• Korean first
“Delicious cupcakes!”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Delicious, fresh cupcakes! My favorite was salted caramel. Small store with great service. Don't miss this!

Visited May 2013
Los Angeles
“Good, but not great”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Its cupcakes are good, but not great. I don't understand what all the fuss is about. I've had better cupcakes, in terms of flavor.

• Visited June 2012
San Diego, California, United States
“Cupcake Heaven”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Whenever in that area I stop by and get at least half a dozen different flavored cupcakes and give some out to my co-workers I love this place my fave is triple cinnamon and the margritrita one you have that salty/sugar combo going on yum yum! Although a little overpriced it's still worth every penny...

• Visited April 2013
San Diego, California
“Made me love cupcakes...”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

This place is in The Shops area of La Jolla. It is a very pretty looking shop and the cupcakes taste great! Especially the ones with chocolate! I did not care for such desserts before, but after eating here a few times I have changed my mind! I do not believe that they are overpriced as some reviewers have suggested. Well ,they are not as cheap as McDonald's or Taco Bell desserts but of course the quality is much higher so it is not reasonable to expect a dollar value menu in this shop! Recommend a bite to everyone!

• Visited May 2013