“Bruschetta”

BarFly La Jolla
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Fay Street
Transit: MTS Bus route 30 (UTC/La Jolla/UCSD) to Silverado Street and Herschel Ave.
Description: BarFly La Jolla offers a one of a kind dining experience with an extensive California Cuisine menu with influences from European and Middle Eastern countries. BarFly’s specialty dishes include Chicken Pesto, Chicken Shwarma, Tortilla Crusted Mahi Mahi and so much more. BarFly is more than your ordinary restaurant. It is an elegant indoor and outdoor restaurant, La Jolla's largest Sports Bar and an exciting Night Club. BarFly's Sports Bar offers a distinctly "Better-Than-Bar-Food menu, 11,000 s.f. of comfortable seating, 26 HD flat screens, 24 beers on tap, large patio seating with fire pits and a private VIP room with its own private balcony overlooking “The Village of La Jolla”. Dine in and listen to live bands or stay for after hours while local and national DJ's spin on the one's and two's and enjoy bottle service in the only Night Club in La Jolla.
Fort Myers Beach, Florida
“Bruschetta”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

I visited Barfly/Aroma by myself during my vacation in La Jolla. Staff is kind, but was not very attentive. Now i can understand when waiters and waitresses can't be "waiting on you hand and foot" when it was busy, but there were only 5 people dining in, and at least 10 staff members! To make up for it, the bruschetta i ordered was very flavorful and fresh. I would have to say it was one of the best I've had. I will return, but i'm assuming my patience will have to come with me.....

Visited February 2013

San Rafael, CA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Friday's are danced night!”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

BarFly was just down the block from our hotel. We made reservations for dinner on a Friday eve and found out they have a flamenco jazz band playing there every Friday night. They were awesome, and the room had dozens of people dancing for hours! Service was great, and the food was quite tasty and eclectic. I recommend this as the place in town for live music!

Visited May 2013
Minneapolis, MN
“horrible!”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

This place was awful. It was empty except for a group of people who looked like they came right out of duck dynasty and were drunk beyond walking at 6pm and were still being served.
Bartender couldn't even make a margarita right that I ordered. Don't waste your time here.

Visited March 2013
Rochester, Minnesota
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Barfly didn't satisfy”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Location and layout was appealing; food was average at best but service was slow and sloppy -- my order was wrong and the waitress never came back to check if everything was alright or to refill our drinks.

• Visited April 2013
Palmerston North, New Zealand
“Good Saturday night whilst travelling alone”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Turned up here alone whilst travelling for business. Woman at bar made me feel welcome and was very attentive with fresh drinks and taking my food order. Had a confusion at the end when I asked for the bill and got another beer instead but it was loud and I have a strange accent! Ended up with a free beer anyway when I paid so didn't matter. Had good live music. Jazz/Blues kinda stuff.

Great food for the price. Beer was expensive (for America) which was the only negative.

Visited March 2013