“Excellent way to see La Jolla”

San Diego Fly Rides
Ranked #1 of 21 Tours in La Jolla
More attraction details
Owner description: Experience San Diego in style and comfort on our Hybrid Electric Bikes. Travel at speeds of up to 20mph and a range of 20 miles plus. We offer professionally guided tours covering La Jolla, Pacific Beach, Torrey Pines, San Diego, Balboa Park, and much more! Want to explore on your own? Our Electric Bikes give you the power and freedom to make heading out on your own a breeze. San Diego Fly Rides Tour Office is located in La Jolla Village on upper Girard, across from La Jolla Elementary School. Whether you are joining us for an E-Bike Tour or a Rental we look forward to providing you with an experience second to none in San Diego!
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Activities for older children
Reviewed September 2, 2013

I signed up on a tour that took us from downtown La Jolla, past La Jolla Shores and up to the glider port overlooking the Pacific Ocean. Parking and traffic in La Jolla on a weekend can be a challenge so when you're on a bike tour you can see many things you may otherwise miss. Ike was our guide and he was fantastic. He would stop a few times along the way and explain some of the history of various points and made sure the group was having fun and answered any questions.

The E-bikes are sure a lot of fun to ride and I was amazed at the hills they could take with just a little effort. I was so impressed with the performance I bought one for myself when we returned to the shop. I highly recommend a tour with San Diego Fly Rides if you want to have a really fun afternoon and see the sights.

Thanks to Ike and Megan for the tour!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,066)
All reviews
"mt soledad"
in 28 reviews
"his knowledge"
in 8 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 12 reviews
in 9 reviews
"these guys"
in 14 reviews

Reviewed August 29, 2013

My husband and I did the SoCal Riviera tour, it was the highlight of our trip in San Diego. The tour was given by Ike. We saw beautiful sights, Ike was very insightful, we spent a wonderful 2 hours touring the area. I'm a bit of a nervous rider and found the bikes very easy to use, Ike was very patent with me as I'm a bit slow. Everyone ones has to do this tour ,well worth it...

Reviewed August 26, 2013

This was an amazing experience! My husband and I could not have been more happy with our bike tour. This was our first visit to the La Jolla and wanted to see everything the area had to offer. Initially we signed up for a 2 hour tour of the La Jolla area. Although I grew up riding bikes my entire life, I was a little hesitant at first, but with Ike's assistance I immediately felt secure and trusted his guidance completely. I was blown away by the knowledge and history Ike shared throughout our tour. Not only was I appreciative of the snacks and water, I was most grateful for Ike's photo opportunity recommendations throughout the trip - he even convinced my husband to pose for a few. We truly didn't want the tour to end, and so we didn't. We had such an amazing time, we asked for another tour the next day! So, the next morning we met in downtown San Diego for three hour tour. This was definitely the highlight of our vacation! Ike was extremely personable, knowledgeable, and professional. It is apparent by the details and enthusiasm, he truly loves his job! I would HIGHLY recommend San Diego Fly Rides!

Reviewed August 23, 2013

My husband suprised me with this bike tour. Wow what a great afternoon, also fun and good exercise. ( well bike does 90%) Beautiful sights, wonderful tour guide, very familiar with areas. Wonderful owner. Took extra time with us, giving us tips on where to visit and what to see, from La Jolla to Santa Monica and surrounding areas. Our relatives are visiting the area soon, and they are going to take a bike ride also.********************** ( 10 STARS)

Ken and Sandra
Columbia, SC

See more reviews
Reviewed August 22, 2013

We found Fly Rides on the trip advisor web site - after a little trouble finding the store which is tucked away down an alley - we met Ike who was amazing. Gave us a lot of information on the bikes and a short lesson, maps, water, snacks, all we needed for a fun day. The weather was perfect, warm and cloudy, and we rode almost continuously for over five hours. So much fun - beautiful scenery, and we are now hooked on electric bikes. Makes all those hills a whole lot easier, but possible, even if we did get called "cheats" by a few "Lances". One of the best days out in a long time - thanks Ike for all your help. Hope to be back.