“La Jolla Bike Tour” 5 of 5 bubbles

and up
Electric Bike Tour of La Jolla and Mount Soledad
Ranked #1 of 18 Tours in La Jolla
More attraction details
Owner description: Experience San Diego in style and comfort on our Hybrid Electric Bikes. Travel at speeds of up to 20mph and a range of 20 miles plus. We offer professionally guided tours covering La Jolla, Pacific Beach, Torrey Pines, San Diego, Balboa Park, and much more! Want to explore on your own? Our Electric Bikes give you the power and freedom to make heading out on your own a breeze. San Diego Fly Rides Tour Office is located in La Jolla Village directly across from George's On The Cove. Whether you are joining us for an E-Bike Tour or a Rental we look forward to providing you with an experience second to none in San Diego!
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Lockers / storage
Dalllas,Texas.
“La Jolla Bike Tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

The most amazing bike tour along the ocean, stopping to see the Sea Lions, and thru amazing estates of La Jolla to the top of Mount Soledad War Memorial......one of the BEST bike tours
I have ever taken while visiting my daughter in La Jolla. Ike is an amazing tour guide w/lots of details about the area plus being an attentive guide to the group's needs!!!

San Diego
“Fun bike tour!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

Fly rides is a great activity for tourists or locals. My husband and I along with my parents took the so-cal riviera tour with Megan. We went through parts of La Jolla we had never seen. The views are fabulous along the ride. The electric bikes make all the hills fun and easy. Megan does a great job leading the group and making sure everyone is safe and happy. I had a great time and would highly recommend this tour to others.

Philadelphia
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“An ABSOLUTE MUST!!! Do not miss this opportunity!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2013

Never having been to San Diego, and wanting to sight see, I found Ike and Megan's tour though trip advisor. If you're reading this, you already know it's ranked one if the highest in terms of attractions, and after completing the tour I knew why. This was honestly the best thing I've ever done on vacation! Ike was my guide and was extremely welcoming. He even offered to pick me up from my hotel in downtown SD ( for an extremely low fee compared to taking a cab) and take me to the la jolla shop and back since the tour I wanted to do was in La Jolla. I immediately felt like I had known him for years, it wasn't weird or uncomfortable starting a conversation, he sure is a friendly guy! The bikes they own are incredible! I don't work out often, and I'm not an avid biker but these electronic bikes really make it easy to ride around. Ike is also very attentive, giving you a little bike education before you head out-- such as signs he'll be giving you ( right, left, even one for bumps in the road which I appreciated cuz I can be clumsy!), and how to navigate the gears on the bike- when you should use which gear and what not. He even packed snacks, water and an extra jacket for me- which I needed at the top of the mountain! I was so thankful for that!

It ended up being just Ike and I for an early afternoon tour, which was awesome because I felt like the tour was made just for me! Ike is an extremely knowledgable person when it comes to San Diego, la Jolla and everything about it. It's not one of those lame tours you take where you know it's scripted. You can tell Ike just knows the area and everything about it so well and he truly wants you to get everything out of the tour that you can. I'm sure he's done his own research but when he's telling you all the facts about the ocean, the animals, the architecture, the town, etc., it doesn't feel like he's reading it from somewhere; he really knows his stuff!! The sights Ike showed me were indescribable! From the sea lions, to the seals, the houses, Mt. Soledad and everything else, I'm still on cloud 9! A little ways into the tour he told me he was going to change it up because I looked comfortable on the bike and he thought I'd really appreciate the sights from Mt. Soledad. He's very good at reading people, and boy was he right-- I'm so glad we rode to the top of the mountain, it was gorgeous up there, and the trip back down just topped it off! He even took pictures of me at each stop, or wherever I wanted them! I can't wait to go back and do it all over again! Do not miss this opportunity!!!! I can't talk it up enough! If you want to experience SD like a local with a great friend, this tour is for you :)

1 Thank Maryann S
Ike and Megan F, Owner at San Diego Fly Rides, responded to this review, March 10, 2013
Thank you so much for that fabulous review Maryann! You put us on cloud 9 with a review like that and it means the world to us! We'll look forward to having you and your boyfriend join us for another ride when you're out in SD again. Until then, take care & best regards!

Ike Fazzio
San Diego, California
“Honestly the BEST tour I have ever been on!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

I am new to San Diego so I wanted to take a fun tour to learn about my new home with my wife and her aunt. We decided to take the La Jolla tour and it was incredable! I would give 10 stars if that was an option. Ike and Megan are two of the kindest people I have met. Ike was our guide and he is full of facts about San Diego and very entertaining. The bikes are really cool! I am actually going to go back to look into purchasing one. I highly recommend San Diego Fly Rides!

Visited February 2013
Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Great Tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

We took the La Jolla tour and loved it! The views are spectacular. Saw sea lions in the coves, surfers catching waves, and wound through the fancy neighborhoods, all the time with beautiful views in the background. Rode to the top of Mount Soledad for more out of this world views. Garrett, our tour guide, was very knowledgeable; he had grown up here (um, he was the Prom King....), and could answer any question about the local area. Just a lovely guy.
I'd highly recommend the tour. I'm not in the greatest shape and the bicycles easily helped me make up for that.

Visited February 2013