“Wonderful French Breakfast”

and up
Kids Cooking Classes
Ranked #2 of 2 Food & Drink in La Jolla
More attraction details
Owner description: Harvard Cookin' Girl: La Jolla's First and Best Cooking School. We not only teach weekly classes on ethnic cuisine, but we also specialize in kids' birthday parties, corporate team building events, girls' nights out, adults' birthday parties, supper clubs, one on one classes, kids' chef series, and so much more! Come expand your palette and ignite your senses at Harvard Cookin' Girl!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Wheelchair access
Rancho Santa Fe, California
“Wonderful French Breakfast”
Reviewed February 18, 2014

My three young daughters and I had a wonderful experience at Harvard Cookin' Girl. Sue, a visiting chef from Paris taught us to make Baguettes, Crepes and a delicious omelette. Bibi, the owner, was there to add commentary and expertise. All around we had a delightful time and look forward to going back soon!

Visited February 2014
LJHCG, Owner at Harvard Cookin' Girl, responded to this review, April 4, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review us. Come back next to an adult event so we can impress you even more and stay connected to see more pictures and ideas for your events on our facebook page Harvard Cookin' Girl.

Fullerton, California
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Very Nice”
Reviewed December 12, 2013

The good: the space is beautiful, elegant, clean. The owner, Bibi, clearly cares about aesthetics and has really lovely design sense. She also cares about hygiene and made sure the children understood how to work with food. Her choice of ingredients was all lovely - really nice olives, fresh pineapple, etc.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Valery S
LJHCG, Owner at Harvard Cookin' Girl, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Thank you Valery for your review. Come back next so we can impress you even more and stay connected to see our pictures. https://www.facebook.com/HarvardCookinGirl?ref=hl
San Diego, California
“Everyone needs to EAT HERE!”
Reviewed November 26, 2013

We were invited to a team building exercise by our manager, and we'll just call him Moneybags, and he wouldn't tell us anything other than we would be cooking in La Jolla. Well, Moneybags held true to form and said nothing except finally giving us direction to the Harvard Cookin' Girl.
When we arrived we were welcomed warmly, even though Moneybags had to make it a point to wear his Yale jacket. Actually, I think the jacket is what set the stage for the evening and it got everyone off on the right foot.
Bibi hosts a top notch restaurant/ business and caters to your every need during your stay. The great food was cooked and served to our large group of eleven or twelve people, so it was a bit hard for us all to take part in the cooking process. We were all pampered very well and the food was nothing short of AWESOME!! Thank you Bibi, but most of all..... Thank you Moneybags for making this happen. I don't know what gave him the idea for this, but what a fantastic time we all had.

LJHCG, Owner at Harvard Cookin' Girl, responded to this review, April 4, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review us. Come back next to another event so we can impress you even more and stay connected to see more pictures and ideas for your events on our facebook page Harvard Cookin' Girl.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Awesome Cooking”
Reviewed November 21, 2013

Had a wonderful time at our private cooking class! Bibi was wonderful. She provided educational information about why she made all the cooking decisions.

Lakewood, Washington
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“What a Fun Evening and Memorable Experience!”
Reviewed November 16, 2013

I was spending some time in La Jolla visiting family and came upon Bibi and her cooking school. I decided to take an evening class on Thai cooking. It was one of the highlights of my stay here. I learned a lot about the food we prepared, ate a wonderful meal and felt welcomed into Bibi's kitchen and neighborhood family. She shares stories from her interesting life and answered all our questions. It was a small group this particular evening and by the end we were all friends, sharing great food and much laughter. I purchased Bib's cookbook, The Spice Whisperer. I have read all the stories and am looking forward to trying the recipes. Whether you live in the San Diego area or are traveling here, you are in for a treat when you take a class at The Harvard Cookin' Girl! I am thinking about taking another class before I head home.

Visited November 2013
LJHCG, Owner at Harvard Cookin' Girl, responded to this review, February 16, 2015
Dear Geoffrey-

Thank you for coming, for your great attitude, your generous review and for booking to come back. I owe you an explanation and an apology and a small correction:) I made the vinaigrette/salad and the Tiramisu.
We were surprised because in our reservation system we had 10 people and when 12 showed up we rolled with it, which made everyone's portion a bit smaller....and my staff hungry:) However since It was our problem I will take care of you next time with an extra portion just for you.
Also, when we have new chefs, as mentors we need to let them shine....