“Multigenerational yummy family fun”

Harvard Cookin' Girl
Book In Advance
More Info
$67.00*
and up
Adult Cooking Classes
Ranked #1 of 2 Food & Drink in La Jolla
More attraction details
Owner description: Harvard Cookin' Girl: La Jolla's First and Best Cooking School. We not only teach weekly classes on ethnic cuisine, but we also specialize in kids' birthday parties, corporate team building events, girls' nights out, adults' birthday parties, supper clubs, one on one classes, kids' chef series, and so much more! Come expand your palette and ignite your senses at Harvard Cookin' Girl!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Wheelchair access
McLean, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Multigenerational yummy family fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

I highly recommend a family dinner / cooking class at Bibi's. Every year when my family comes to La Jolla, we gather my mother, all the cousins, my kids and interesting stragglers on and have dinnner together at Bibi's. My mom sits up high and watches all the grandkids cook/learn, my siblings sip wine, chat and relax on vacation together. No stress, just fun. Wouldn't miss it for the world. Thank you Bibi.

Visited August 2012
LJHCG, Front Office Manager at Harvard Cookin' Girl, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Cynthia,

We are so pleased to hear how much your family enjoys cooking with us at Harvard Cookin' Girl! We really hope that your whole family was able to take away some useful cooking tips to use in your own kitchens!

Can't wait 'til next time!

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Taste of Thai”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

This class was more than a taste! It was a delicious four course meal prepared by chef Florence Quinn whose credentials are exemplary. It was a wonderful way to celebrate my 70th birthday in the absence of family and friends. The owner, Bibi, chef Florence and the other attendees extended warm friendship to my husband and I. Will definitely return for another class when we are come for another long stay in La Jolla next winter.
We are snow birds from Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada.
Thanks to Bibi, Florence and Robin,
Sandy and Sheldon Glass

Visited April 2013
2 Thank Sandy G
Sandy,

We are so happy that you were able to spend your 70th with us! We can't wait for your next visit in the winter - we'll make sure the weather here in La Jolla is bright and sunny for you :)
La Jolla, California
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Dining Experience at Harvard Cookin' Girl”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

Are you heading to La Jolla, CA???
If so, do a little planning extra planning and create an amazing culinary experience for a group of friends in a very comfortable environment!
Don't miss the Harvard Cookin' Girl. Not only do you get involved with planning a menu that fits your occasion, but, once your group assembles, you have options while you watch the meal being prepared. You can chat extensively with Bibi and her team at the stove, get amazing cooking ideas -- which include fresh spices -- or watch for a little bit and circulate with your friends as though you were having your own dinner party. The options are limitless -- Bibl can create a party for you!
Last month, a friend and I worked with Bibi to create a "Mediterranean" dining experience. The menu she suggested was ideal for our friends, and the evening was even more comfortable than entertaining at home! The food was superb, the flow of the evening divine and all of us left feeling we gained some new culinary concepts, while having our special time with one another and savoring every detail of the meal and it's presentation.

Visited March 2013
Thank you so much for this great review! We are very glad that you have had such a wonderful experience with us, and we hope to see you again very soon!
Cardiff-by-the-Sea, California
“Great group night out!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013

My wife is a gourmet cook and wanted to do something fun for her 40th birthday. This was a suprise event and I worked with Bibi to come up with the menu and agenda for the evening. She also connected me with a sommelier to do wine pairings. We had 18 people there and the environment and food was great. From the tapennade appetizer, champage salad, mushroom rissotto, lemon cream shrimp, to the tiramisu ... it all taste great and people learned along the way. Being able to bring in your own wine was also a great value. Everyone had a wonderful time and received the recipes. My wife was very happy with the evening and everyone spoke about it for weeks afterward.

Eric,

We are so glad to hear that your wife's 40th birthday celebration was such a success! We had a great time hosting your group, and can't wait to see you again -- hopefully for another big birthday bash!
San Diego, California
“Best Birthday Party”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013

My daughter had her 10th birthday party here. it was awesome, They made pizza and HUGE cupcakes (as the kids said JINORMOUS cupcakes). Her friends are now wanting to have their birthday party here.

As soon as we walked in the door, we were greeted and I knew at that moment this was going to be a fun experience for my daughter and her friends. It was clean and organized. Bibi and her staff were friendly. All the kids had nothing but positive things to say. This is one of those places that you don't forget and that you refer to friends and family.

Jackie,

Thank you so much for this awesome review! We are so glad that your daughter and her friends had such an amazing birthday party at Harvard Cookin' Girl. We can't wait for her & her friends to host more parties with us!