“One on One Classes”

Harvard Cookin' Girl
Ranked #2 of 2 Food & Drink in La Jolla
More attraction details
Owner description: Harvard Cookin' Girl: La Jolla's First and Best Cooking School. We not only teach weekly classes on ethnic cuisine, but we also specialize in kids' birthday parties, corporate team building events, girls' nights out, adults' birthday parties, supper clubs, one on one classes, kids' chef series, and so much more! Come expand your palette and ignite your senses at Harvard Cookin' Girl!
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed March 15, 2013

This past few weeks I have had a great time in my cooking classes with Bibi. This is the first time I have ever taken cooking classes. I have a fun time cooking with Bibi, she is always showing me different kinds of plates and new tips every class. The place is great and it is a safe environment for anyone. Everyone is very welcoming and professional. I definitely recommend Harvard Cookin' Girl to anyone who would like to go. Thanks Bibi can't wait for next class!

LJHCG, Front Office Manager at Harvard Cookin' Girl, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

Ivan,

Thank you so much for taking cooking classes with us! We hope that you learned a lot, and that you were able to take what you learned and apply it at home!

Thanks for the awesome review - we can't wait for our next session!

Reviewed March 12, 2013

Our company had a great time at our cooking class with Bibi and her team. It was a great team building experience and it was fun to learn how to cook new and interesting types of food. We learned and laughed a lot at the same time and the staff was top notch. Everyone was very welcoming and professional and made the whole experience one to remember. I would definitely recommend Harvard Cookin' Girl to others and would go back to learn how to cook some more. Thanks to Bibi and her staff for an amazing time!!

Scott,

We are so glad to hear that you and your company enjoyed your team-building experience. We hope that you were able to bond and connect over the process of learning to cook!

Thank you for the excellent review - we hope to be seeing you and your colleagues in the future!

Reviewed February 9, 2013

I chose Harvard Cooking Girl for my daughter's 9 year old birthday celebration. First, the venue is very nice. I could see myself there with a group of girlfriends having a ball or even in a more intimate occasion with a date. The place is clean also and in a nice area. There is only street parking but it appears to be free. Bibi is a very sweet person. There were 2 other assistants as well as Bibi during the party and they were all very nice and great with the girls. The food is very easy to make but it really did taste amazing and it was just simple pepperoni pizza and cupcakes. The girls enjoyed every bit of it and Bibi made sure that not only were they cooking but learning, which I liked as well. I took tons of pictures and Bibi didn't mind at all she even jumped in on a few. By the time the party was over she had bonded so well with my mother and I that we felt like we'd made a new friend. I will definitely be making my way back over to Harvard Cooking Girl to check out some of Bibi's classes and maybe even get the girls together for some adult fun! Thank you Bibi and see you soon!

LJHCG, Owner at Harvard Cookin' Girl, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

Elaine-

It was such a pleasure hosting Elyssa's birthday and having you and your mom was the added bonus:) we had so much fun. I am sure I will see a lot more of you. Glad you loved it and thanks for the great review.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

My sisters and I decided to do something special with our mom as it's rare that we are all together in one place without our husbands and kids along too. We took a cooking class at Harvard Cookin' Girl and had such a wonderful time! First off, the food was just amazing. I am vegan and so Bibi made sure that everything we made I could eat but for everyone else she did add this crazy good yogurt and cucumber dip to compliment the meal.

But just as important, Bibi and her assistant, Branko, (and Robin too) were just awesome to spend time with. Cooking with them was joyous and educational. And delicious! We made this yummy Persian meal and had vegan key lime pie shots for dessert!

I would recommend that anyone interested in cooking and eating!! plan to spend time with the Harvard Cookin' Girl!

Elizabeth Rose

Elizabeth-

Thank you for bringing the family to my kitchen. You are all great and accomplished cooks so it was an honor having you. Come back soon when you are in the area:)

Thanks,

Reviewed January 14, 2013

We just celebrated our daughter's 8th birthday at Harvard Cooking Girl. The kids loved the hands on pizza/cupcake party and the parents had a really good time too. Kids in one room with a wonderful staff instructing the kids on cooking and parents in the other to enjoy as well. Bibi has a great personality,she really engages with both parents and kids. Again, her staff did a great job with the kids. Oh and did I forget to mention, yummy. Try Harvard Cooking Girl you will like it!!!!!

Thank you so much for remembering us and writing a review. Every reviewer helps my business and I am very grateful for yours. I know I will see a lot more of you and your family. Glad you enjoyed the party.
Bibi