“"Everyone should do it once"”
Review of Sunny Jim Cave

and up
La Jolla Segway Tour
Ranked #32 of 78 things to do in La Jolla
Reviewed January 31, 2014

"Everyone should do it once" that was the quote by the woman who took our money. to be honest for $4 I had no objections to this small attraction. It gives those who can't get into a cave another way a great way to experience it. Be warned there are 145 steps and they aren't all the same height and the steps can be slippery. We spent about 10 minutes in the cave but was glad I did but don't feel the need to do it again.

2  Thank McElspeth
"we enjoyed walking"
"viewing area"
"for sale"

Reviewed January 14, 2014 via mobile

Its true. 4 dollars per person. U have to walk down for like hundreds of steps which is ok to walk downstairs. Kinda dark but not a problem. You have to wear a non slippery and hold on rails so ur not gonna slide downstair. Im fun size so i dont have problem walking down the cave compare to a tall people like 5'7 ang taller, be careful not to hit ur head! I've never been in cave before so its awesome although a lil trip, i enjoyed it. Once u get to the bottom, u'll smell the sea u'll see the seal but not many or depends on time i think. Not too much view but take pictures, make memories. Once u go up, if u dont like working out, definitely ur gonna get tired in the middle of stairs. Haha like me. So bring water. If your not having fun on adventure, nature or a cheap person then dont waste time going to this place and make bad comment. Its not worthy especially ur time. Have fun!

2  Thank Lyka S
Reviewed January 8, 2014 via mobile

$4 per person to walk down some rickity old steps, then turn around and go back up. The "view" is not worth while. If you're like I was you will disregard the negative reviews and head down...only to wish you hadn't.

Reviewed January 3, 2014

We just happened across this shell shop that had a sign advertising a tunnel to a sea cave. $4 each and lots of steps down got us a memorable experience. It reminded me of the cave you would see in the Goonies movie…(I just dated myself!) Really, it is neat to be on the inside of the cave looking out.

1  Thank annies133
See more reviews
Reviewed December 16, 2013

I visited this cave with my husband last week. We both felt like that was the fastest $8 we've ever spent. If you choose to see this attraction then go into it knowing exactly what it is. You walk into the little shop, pay the cashier $4 per person, then you walk down 145 stairs, you will be on a landing that has a railing around it trapping you in a small area that allows you to see an opening to the ocean. The same view that you see on the postcard back upstairs at the cashier, that's all. Now turn around and go back up 145 stairs.
It took us a maximum of 15 minutes to walk down the steps, look at the view for 1 minute tops, then walk back up the stairs. Absolutely a waste of time and money!

2  Thank AprilYost