“Misleading ad”

Cross street: Mabel Bell Ln
California
“Misleading ad”
Reviewed January 16, 2012

Did not honor our lunch reservation for $10/person through Open Table. They said they don't serve lunch menu on weekends and we had to go for $20/person dinner menu, no apologies, no alternatives... There was absolutely no mention of this on any of the websites (Restaurant week, Open Table, restaurant site). It was not a question of money as we had a nice lunch at a nearby italian place, which had a great service. We walked out within minutes as I have zero tolerance for misleading ads.

• Visited January 2012
1 Thank Fatheroftwokids

San Diego, California, USA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A lovely visit during restaurant week in San Diego”
Reviewed September 25, 2011

My wife and I visited Chedi Thai during restaurant week, because we have always walked by but never been inside. We got a three course meal, including steamed vegetarian dumplings which were mostly sweet, and not spicy. My wife chose a green curry with tofu, and I got a wok fried beef with basil. Both meals were delicious. The dessert at the end was wonderful. The fried bananas were fried inside a pastry dough, and the ginger creme brulee was delicious (highly recommend if you like ginger). All in all it was a very pleasant experience and I would not hesitate to recommend it to friends.

• Visited September 2011
1 Thank ThriftyTravellers
San Diego, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Noisey, mediocre restaurant”
Reviewed September 16, 2011

The renovation of the restaurant makes it a very loud place and that drops the rating from average to poor. The food was acceptable and not exceptional as compared to other Thai restaurants. Although the facility is clean, the plates we received were chipped. There are other Thai restaurants I would go to before revisiting this one.

• Visited September 2011
Mesa, Arizona
“Second visit, one year apart. More like "light years apart"”
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Loved this place on a visit to SD one year ago, so we wanted to go back.
Bad idea.

It all started with a dirty fork. I simply asked for a new fork and then I headed for the wash room to wash my hands. While walking past the "wait station" at the rear of the restaurant I noticed our waiter wiping a fork with a napkin. NIce, I thought. After seeing how dirty the restroom was (DEPLORABLE), I was feeling uneasy about the cleanliness of this establishment. When the waiter returned with my "clean" fork I just smiled, and said thanks and promptly took one of the empty table next to us.

My daughter said her plate was dirty on the bottom and I noticed it was like it had never been washed, just wiped off. I began checking all of our plates and found them all very dirty with grease and food on the bottoms. I said to my wife,"I wonder if their dishwasher is broken" and my daughters said the waiter overheard and looked stunned. OK, that's enough for me. I asked the waiter to cancel our order and we left.

This place needs a visit from the board of health!!!

Visited September 2011
1 Thank Aquafam
Leatherhead, United Kingdom
“Excellent thai food”
Reviewed June 13, 2011

Contemporary Thai restaurant with excellent food and sevice ,A real gem .Some of the best Thai food i have eaten in the last five years.Lovely decor .

• Visited June 2011