“A lovely visit during restaurant week in San Diego”
Review of Chedi Thai Bistro

Chedi Thai Bistro
Ranked #163 of 1,237 Restaurants in La Jolla
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Mabel Bell Ln
Reviewed September 25, 2011

My wife and I visited Chedi Thai during restaurant week, because we have always walked by but never been inside. We got a three course meal, including steamed vegetarian dumplings which were mostly sweet, and not spicy. My wife chose a green curry with tofu, and I got a wok fried beef with basil. Both meals were delicious. The dessert at the end was wonderful. The fried bananas were fried inside a pastry dough, and the ginger creme brulee was delicious (highly recommend if you like ginger). All in all it was a very pleasant experience and I would not hesitate to recommend it to friends.

1  Thank ThriftyTravellers

Reviewed September 16, 2011

The renovation of the restaurant makes it a very loud place and that drops the rating from average to poor. The food was acceptable and not exceptional as compared to other Thai restaurants. Although the facility is clean, the plates we received were chipped. There are other Thai restaurants I would go to before revisiting this one.

Reviewed September 12, 2011

Loved this place on a visit to SD one year ago, so we wanted to go back.
Bad idea.

It all started with a dirty fork. I simply asked for a new fork and then I headed for the wash room to wash my hands. While walking past the "wait station" at the rear of the restaurant I noticed our waiter wiping a fork with a napkin. NIce, I thought. After seeing how dirty the restroom was (DEPLORABLE), I was feeling uneasy about the cleanliness of this establishment. When the waiter returned with my "clean" fork I just smiled, and said thanks and promptly took one of the empty table next to us.

My daughter said her plate was dirty on the bottom and I noticed it was like it had never been washed, just wiped off. I began checking all of our plates and found them all very dirty with grease and food on the bottoms. I said to my wife,"I wonder if their dishwasher is broken" and my daughters said the waiter overheard and looked stunned. OK, that's enough for me. I asked the waiter to cancel our order and we left.

This place needs a visit from the board of health!!!

1  Thank Aquafam
Reviewed June 13, 2011

Contemporary Thai restaurant with excellent food and sevice ,A real gem .Some of the best Thai food i have eaten in the last five years.Lovely decor .

1  Thank Ahappytraveller101
Reviewed October 20, 2010

Great food. Lunch specials were great food at a great value. Our favorite lunch spot in San Diego.