“Out of their way”

The Torreyana Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
The Torreyana Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #209 of 1,241 Restaurants in La Jolla
Cuisines: American
Dining style: Casual Dining
Dining style: Casual Dining
Petaluma, California
“Out of their way”
Reviewed March 30, 2014

I was looking at the menu and commenting to the bartender that I just felt like a steak and salad and she stated -I can get you just a side steak and salad if that's what you want. That was just a great attitude in todays "Can't Substitute" world.

Visited March 2014

Greer, South Carolina
“Staying in dine in..”
Reviewed March 6, 2014

No issues with the service or the quality of the food and if you are staying there it makes it easy to just have dinner there as well.

Visited February 2014
Macclesfield
“Very good for an hotel”
Reviewed January 26, 2014

I eat here a few times on a recent stay and thought food of very good quality. A good selection. You can choose to eat outside by open fires which is great. Breakfast buffet selection was pretty good and friendly service in preparing fresh omelettes with a wide choice of fillings.

• Visited January 2014
Ottawa, Canada
“Decent option when staying at the Hilton”
Reviewed January 10, 2014

We had dinner once and breakfast 4 times ath the Torreyana Grille. My comments are solely for the dinner

What I liked: Fairly diverse menu, substitutions allowed, family-friendly service, good quality food and great tasting, nice presentation, decent wine list

What could be improved: Service was a little bit on the slow side. Our food was barely warm when it reached our table as we saw our plates staying under the heat lamp for over 10 minutes as they were looking for our waitress (they could have sent someone else...). This is a hotel so things are a little bit on the pricey side

Visited December 2013
Riverside, California
“Overpriced bland food, uncaring wait staff”
Reviewed December 14, 2013

The wife and I went here for dinner, since it had gotten late, and just didn't want to deal with locating a decent restaurant at 9 o'clock. The place was dead, I think there MIGHT have been one other person in the restaurant actually eating (another person was there, but it was obvious that he was using his assigned table to do work). We were quickly seated, with promise of water, and from here, things just went downhill from there. The water we were promised never showed. We placed our drink order, a WATER for the wife, and a Coke for me, and the waitress gave us the bar menu to look at for additional options, which I was actually grateful for since nothing on the menu looked particularly enticing, this took a good 5 minutes to show up. I would have been OK with this delay if the place was actually busy, and the wait staff were busy, but as I said before, the place was empty... Once our drinks were brought, she took our order, which we ordered from the bar menu, we ordered a nacho as a starter, wife ordered a Turkey BLTA, and I ordered the burger. About 10 minutes later, the nachos get slopped down on our table, wife starts to go to eat it, and realizes that there is shrimp on it (she is highly allergic to shellfish, thankfully only if she eats it, she can touch it), our waitress is nowhere to be found, so I end up eating the nachos, which were fair at best, the shrimp were pure rubber, the chips were limp, and overall, not great. Finally, our waitress shows up, and asks how the nachos are, I tell her that we had wanted the regular nachos, not the shrimp nachos which we didn't even know were offered, and her attitude was well, you got an extra surprise (which we were charged for). Finally the main course arrives, the wife's turkey sandwich was bland, and had VERY little avocado on it. My burger tasted like the seasoning shaker lid had fallen off while they were seasoning it, and the salad was swimming in the dressing to the point that the lettuce was wilted in it.

• Visited December 2013