“Seacave Kayak”
Review of OEX La Jolla - CLOSED

OEX La Jolla
More attraction details
Owner description: The 5th Biggest Tourist Attraction in America's Finest City! Come Kayak, Dive, Surf, Snorkel or SUP with OEX La Jolla and you will see why!
Reviewed August 18, 2013

It was a fun kayaking out to see a sea cave with sea lions swimming close by. The guides Jenna and Ryan are both friendly and experienced. I'd go on other guided tours with OEX again.

There are newer reviews for OEX La Jolla

Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

We went on the Kayak tour with Jenna and Molly, it was amazing. So much fun and the sights where amazing ! We will for sure be back and could not have gotten better guides !

Reviewed August 11, 2013

Wonderful experience for a 1st time kayaker. I quickly learned that teamwork and communicating is a must for a two seater. Our guides and other kayakers were very helpful, and awesome on our 10am tour on July 22, 2013. Also, loved the very trusting and laid back attitude of Chris who checked us in.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

My husband and I, along with our girls (11 & 14) loved this excersion! Hunter and Garrett were our tour guides. They were knowledgable and gave clear instructions along the way. We could tell they really enjoy their job, and we appreciated their enthusiasm. The paddle wasnt too difficult for any of us, and it was fun to get up close and personal with the sea lions. Regarding the price, they didnt honor our expired Groupon's lower price and only gave us a $5 discount off of the list price. Sounds like they just wing whatever discount they want to offer at the time. Thus I'm only giving 4 stars. Would still recommend to anyone. It's worth the money and it's something fun to do in San Diego!

Reviewed August 7, 2013

I stopped to see if I could book a kayak trip before I bought the Groupon, and they went ahead and gave me the Groupon rate. Great deal! The total was $95.70 for three of us to kayak.We were the first group out which I highly recommend. There were only 5 in our group and the groups after us were huge, maybe even 20 in a group. We got to go in the cave one at a time and see the old alpha sea lion in there who reminded me of everyone's dad in his "favorite chair" that no one else could sit in. Our guide was Duke, and he dove down to try to take photos of the toxic orange fish that seemed to have a cloud of toxic orange dust around them..like Pig Pens of the ocean. So cool. We saw dolphins spy hopping and manta rays. The kayaking was easy and the ocean was very calm. Here is the best tip...keep paddling as you approach the beach. People stop paddling and that is why they get turned sideways and then the wave hits you sideways and you fall over. KEEP PADDLING!! After the kayak tour we went around the corner to the La Jolla Cove and snorkeled. That was just as fun. We rented the snorkel gear from OEX, too. If you go to the "Children's Cove" around the corner, please respect the harbor seal pups and do NOT go down to the beach. Just enjoy looking at them from the breakwater.