“Safely Adventurous”
Review of OEX La Jolla - CLOSED

OEX La Jolla
More attraction details
Owner description: The 5th Biggest Tourist Attraction in America's Finest City! Come Kayak, Dive, Surf, Snorkel or SUP with OEX La Jolla and you will see why!
Reviewed June 18, 2013

The kayaking tour was great! We felt adventurous but safe the whole time. Missy and Katie were awesome guides. Missy seemed to know everything about the geology, ecosystem, and people of LaJolla. I definitely recommend!

Reviewed June 10, 2013

As 60+ year old first time ocean kayakers, we had a great time. I really didn't know what to expect and was a little concerned that It might be too strenuous....it wasn't. I was assured during a couple of phone calls that all would be fine, and it was! The staff was very helpful and friendly. Our guides were Duke and Trevor, very nice guys. I'd do this again!!

Reviewed June 9, 2013

Purchased a Groupon voucher and went with friends (there were 10 of us, of the 20 in the tour) this morning (6/9) in the 10 AM tour. Our guides - Missy, Reid, Ryan and Mike were great -- they were a lot of fun and I felt totally safe with their guidance. I was a little disappointed that we were not able to get closer to, or kayak through the sea caves, but seeing the waves crashing against the rocks, I was happy to get as close as we did. Would I do it again ... hell yeah!!

Reviewed June 9, 2013

Our guides were Missy, Mike, Ryan and Reed. They were super! We fell in the water and they got us back into the kayak. Super helpful and sweet. It was so much fun and Missy gave us great information and corny jokes. Had a great time.

See more reviews
Reviewed June 9, 2013

My wife and I bought a Travel Zoo coupon for the sea cave kayak tour. We went today and had a great time. Missy, Reid, Mike, and Ryan (I think that was the fourth guide) were a great crew for the 10am tour on 6/9. Unfortunately, the swell was too big to go in the caves. I noticed a couple of people complaining about this, but it really is just common sense. I guess some people don't appreciate logic and reason.