“OEX Kayak La Jolla”
Review of OEX La Jolla - CLOSED

OEX La Jolla
More attraction details
Owner description: The 5th Biggest Tourist Attraction in America's Finest City! Come Kayak, Dive, Surf, Snorkel or SUP with OEX La Jolla and you will see why!
Reviewed March 28, 2013

The people running this are terrific, very knowledgable and super friendly. This is a perfect days outing for anyone, no prior kayaking experience is required. I would highly recommend this activity to anyone.

Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

We had a beautiful calm day, and it was a very pleasant way to spend my morning. We kayaked a little way out past the beach and down the shore, saw some sea lions and fish, paddled into and back out of a big arch in the rocks, and went back to shore. There wasn't a whole lot of information given by the guides, but it was fun none the less. Tip+wetsuit+Groupon cost: $50, not a great value in my opinion.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

I was throughly disappointed by my experience kayaking with OEX.

My group and I drove from Long Beach, almost 2 hours away to kayak in the sea caves. The title of the tour was actually sea cave kayaking. We could have stayed home and gone to a number of kayaking places but we chose to spend the money and drive down to experience the caves. WE DID NOT GO IN THE CAVES.

The tour guide was very nice and knew about the area, but was misleading. We had been out on the tour for a while when we asked when we were going in the caves and he responded that we weren't due to low tide. he also told us he knew the whole time we weren't gonna be able to go in them, he just didn't tell us.

I am a surfer and i understand low and high tides and the safety of it but he should have let us know before we spent our money and were told we could go see them. we were also told we were going to a habitat where there were leopard sharks, but we didn't go there. No sea turtles as advertised or seals either. the only wildlife we saw was one sea lion that was quite a bit away from us because we kept paddling in circles.

I had fun with my friends, but needless to say we were very upset that we were tricked. If you plan on going i would suggest confirming before hand that you are going to go in the sea caves, otherwise don't waste your time or money.

2  Thank elisabeth r
Reviewed January 5, 2013

We scheduled the trip a few weeks ago and came in at the right day. The team was very very nice and the area is beautiful! We got a lot of help with dressing and you do need a wet suite to go in the water.
The surf was very high and was not safe to go out especially when we have two younger kids in the group. I think that they should have canceled that one.
We did not take the trip and was NOT issues a refund unfortunately.
I advise that you go yourself to the beach BEFORE dressing up and decide if you can handle the surf. If you see kayaks turning over and you are not a good paddler, do not go out!

Reviewed November 4, 2012

Mt husband I purchased a groupon deal OEX for a kayak trip to the La Jolla caves and we had a blast! This was the first time my husband and I had ever kayaked and the tour guides made it nice and easy for us. We were on the water easy and off just as smooth with no toppling adventures to tell. We were thrilled to see the seals out playing and coming right up to the boats. We will definitely return to The San Diego area and will be out on the water with OEX when that happens!

1  Thank JennyMcDessi