“Yummy!”

Cuisines: Asian
Alexandria, Virginia
“Yummy!”
Reviewed June 22, 2012

My dad loves this place and has taken me a few times. Great for lunch!

Visited March 2012

• Korean first
St. George, Utah
“Good food for a good price”
Reviewed November 17, 2011

We had a half-price Groupon which gave us an appetizer and two bibimbobs. For an appetizer, we had the seafood pancake which came with a variety of vegetable condiments. The beef bibimbob was quite tasty though I cannot comment on authenticity. The setting is pleasant for a fast food restaurant.

• Visited November 2011
USA
“Good view, OK Korea food.”
Reviewed August 20, 2011

Nice side view to the ocean.
I think there are more Korean food selection on Convoy street. But again the La Jolla atmosphere is not replacable.

Visited August 2011
San Diego, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,410 helpful votes
“GREAT food and great service with amazing view... great atmosphere”
Reviewed July 6, 2011

I just got done having lunch today at Little Korea. I'd have to disagree with the previous poster that the food isn't good. I found it to be really good and I've been to many Korean restaurants all over the world (been to over 500+ cities).

I've been to La Jolla many, many times but never had lunch here. Today after a business meeting I stopped in for a late lunch. It was later around 2:30 PM so there weren't many people around.

I'm not sure why the previous poster wanted some totally authentic experience. Most of the Korean restaurants I've been to around the world have been "hole in the wall" type places. Little Korea was quite different in that the atmosphere is really wonderful! It's spotlessly clean and in a great location and the view is amazing if you sit outside or get a table with a view of the ocean.

True the employees aren't Korean, but who cares?? I'm not sure how being upset that the employee doesn't speak Korean makes any difference at all. The host and server I got was as American as Apple Pie and nothing wrong with that. He was a really polite and attentive guy.

They have a lunch menu/special until 3 PM. I got the BBQ rib special and it was good. The side items were also tasty and I actually liked it that they were "watered down" a bit as some places can be too spicy. It was perfect for me.

I'm not going to say it was the most authentic Korean food but I found it good and I'd definitely go back again. I was in the area and had a craving for some Korean food and didn't feel like driving in the stix to get some and glad I finally tried it out as I was always curious about this place.

There is plenty of parking spaces around. It does get really busy around there but if you drive around the area on top with the shops you can typically find a spot. There is 2 hour free parking.

I'll definitely come back again.

• Visited July 2011
1 Thank saintba
Houston, Texas
“Lacks authenticity”
Reviewed December 13, 2010

La Jolla Beach/Shores area creates this ritzy, upscale vibe throughout its restaurants and shopping area, but i did not realize it would have an effect on our dining experience while we were visiting the San Diego area. I am Korean-American, but i was brought up with authentic Korean food my entire life and I was very disappointed. I also spoke Korean to the hostess who seated us and ordered the entire meal in Korean, hoping she'd make the food more authentic. Once i took a bite into everything I ordered, I immediately knew it was catered to the people of that area. Overly americanized and did not stick to the authentic taste of real Korean food. The Kimchi jjigae was terrible, the Kimchi pancake was too doughy, and the hot pepper paste was watered down. If you are looking to eat authentic Korean food, DO NOT GO HERE. The atmosphere was the only thing that was worth staying. Overly-priced for the quality of food.