“Fun, but tour guide could do better”
Review of We Love Tourists

We Love Tourists
Book In Advance
Balboa Park Segway Tour
2-Hour La Jolla Segway Experience
Downtown San Diego and Waterfront Segway Tour
Ranked #3 of 18 Tours in La Jolla
More attraction details
Owner description: 2 Hours Being a Kid Again!We Love Tourists shares the best San Diego Tours. Unique, Fun, and Memorable showcasing: La Jolla where you can feel California at the Scenic Shores, The Village/Shopping/Prospect, Jaw-dropping Homes, Legendary Surf Spots. From our San Diego location you can take in the sights of downtown from the Gaslamp Quarter, to the San Diego Harbor or cruise up to the beautiful Balboa Park and learn about the gardens, museums, and the world famous San Diego Zoo.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Denver, Colorado
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Fun, but tour guide could do better”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

This is a fun tour. But despite similar comments in several other reviews, tour guide James continues to give his on-tour commentary at a pace so fast that you end up missing a lot of it. Slow down, James! What's the rush?

Here's the note I sent James after our tour, which includes a discussion about my girlfriend falling off the Segway. No serious injuries, but she got bruised and scraped:

James,

I’d like to offer some feedback from our downtown tour with you on Sunday, Sept. 16. There were four of us in the group, and you may recall that my girlfriend fell off her Segway along the straightaway next to the MTS tracks.

Two main points I’d like to convey:

Your tour-guide delivery would be more effective if you slowed it down. Granted, you’ve done it thousands of times, but it was the first time for us, and quite a bit of the information and jokes were incomprehensible to us. That’s unfortunate, since the parts we did catch were clever and informative.

Regarding the girlfriend's fall: I imagine that occasionally you get people who are not gifted with a lot of grace and coordination. In those cases, I would urge you not to encourage people to attain full speed along that section of straight path. Sure, nobody was holding a gun to her head to pick up speed, but there is a degree of peer pressure to keep up with the rest of the group. In cases where somebody is obviously wobbly on their Segway, which was evident with her, perhaps it would be prudent to say, “Here’s a section where you can go full speed, but if you’re not comfortable doing that, we’ll be happy to wait the extra 30 seconds for you to catch up with us.”

3 Thank denveresteban

• Polish first
Oceanside, California
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great way to see La Jolla!”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

I loved our Segway Tour of La Jolla and Ryan was the perfect Guide! He was very patient and charming and easy to be with which made us relax and enjoy the tour too! I would do it again in a heatbeat and everyone visiting or living in San Diego should do this just for the fun of it. I went on the downtown segway tour last year and got hooked!! Cant wait to do it again next year.

Thanks Ryan!

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Even I got it!”
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Despite initial reservations, even I managed to "get it" thanks to Ryan's infinite patience and support! Great way to see the beautiful La Jolla. My sister and I had great fun and Ryan was the perfect guide. A lovely way to spend my last day on holiday. Try it, you won't regret it!

Fresno, California
“Segway La Jolla”
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Ryan did a great job getting our group up and comfortable on Segways then took us on a fun and interestingly offbeat tour of La Jolla. Segway, my new favorite thing.

Visited August 2012
Rancho Santa Margarita, California
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Love to Segway”
Reviewed September 7, 2012

This was my second Segway tour of San Diego. What a great way to see the downtown sights. James was our guide and he was well versed in the history of the city sights.